Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Canton, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think anything has changed in the past month (from 2-10-2024).

1300709.jpg
1300707.jpg

Reactions: Tdreamer
Yeah, I was there Saturday myself and didn't see any sign of changes. The contractor is busy doing a number of other builds in the region. Not sure if it's a typical wait-for-the-transformer thing right now, or if perhaps they are waiting to solar canopy hardware to arrive with completion of that before they finish it off.

Last I heard this location was still waiting for a transformer... I think the solar canopy will probably happen later this year (ie. probably not before the superchargers open but you never know).

I also hear rumors these charging posts have been upgraded to have MagicDock! That may be barely evident in the afternoon photo attached to the previous post on the right-most ADA stall.

Reactions: kayak1
FYI from what I understand, the superchargers are not YET online. I believe the transformer has been energized though and the site could go live sometime soon. No definitive word on when the solar canopy will be installed, but assume when that happens, for at least part of that phase of the project the superchargers will become unavailable for a while.

It is indeed live! MagicDock is also working, although it’s unclear if it would work for non teslas yet.View attachment 1043931
I thought the only way to release the MagicDock adapter is through the 'Charge your other EV' section in the Tesla app. Is it now possible to release the adapter without the Tesla app? That may be useful to Ford and Rivian owners who don't have their own adapter.

Long story short, supercharge.info's logic shows "≤" before the maximum power whenever it cannot determine that a site has a single stall type and single plug type. So yes, every MagicDock site is affected, as is any dual-cable site (e.g. CCS2+Type2 in EU).

Technically, every site can supply "up to" or "≤" its maximum power rating. :) But we have the distinction on the page to indicate a potentially increased likelihood that not every vehicle will be able to get the maximum power available at the site. The original intent was an indicator for a mixed site (e.g. V2+V3).