Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - Canton, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short, supercharge.info's logic shows "≤" before the maximum power whenever it cannot determine that a site has a single stall type and single plug type. So yes, every MagicDock site is affected, as is any dual-cable site (e.g. CCS2+Type2 in EU).

Technically, every site can supply "up to" or "≤" its maximum power rating. :) But we have the distinction on the page to indicate a potentially increased likelihood that not every vehicle will be able to get the maximum power available at the site. The original intent was an indicator for a mixed site (e.g. V2+V3).

This seems pretty easy to fix. Only show the '≤' if there are multiple stall types, as having multiple plug types on the same stall does not mean different power output level for each plug. Some cars. like the Model 3 SR, can't get the maximum output of a plain V3 site either.

This seems pretty easy to fix. Only show the '≤' if there are multiple stall types, as having multiple plug types on the same stall does not mean different power output level for each plug. Some cars. like the Model 3 SR, can't get the maximum output of a plain V3 site either.
Possibly easy? 🙂 I’ll have to refresh my memory next time I’m looking at the code to see if there’s a reason it shows for multiple plug types. We have a few other fixes to make as well.

Only show the '≤' if there are multiple stall types, as having multiple plug types on the same stall does not mean different power output level for each plug.
With the 4.1.0 release of supercharge.info we have fixed the ≤ symbol and clarified its use in our FAQ on the About page. Hope that helps!