Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carmel - N Illinois St, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by this spot again today. No sign of anything. I’m starting to wonder if this site has been abandoned at this point. Especially with the Nora location almost complete and the fact this site is 5 minutes from the existing site at Meijer.

ITS HAPPENING!!!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 21
The RAGE this fence is causing is nuts! People are very used to speeding through this part of the gas station and cutting through the McDonalds parking lot to quickly bypass the stop signs and enter Illinois st. People are needing to do 19 point turns to turn around. The two minutes I was taking pics three cars flew by but could not just reverse back.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
So this will almost be 2 years from permit to completion. “Coming soon”! Hah! Glad it’s being done but hopefully we can be a little more restrained when it comes to posting things like this. Permits have been submitted, that’s it. Some of those permits are never approved or issued. Some places that means approval in a month and construction soon thereafter. Many places this means months and months of plan resubmittals and cutting through bureaucratic red tape.

• Disagree
Reactions: tm3dlr
Permit/Construction/Open is a good enough qualifier separator to see how far along a project is. From this example a permitting took 2 years, which is very unfortunate; but there are other examples where construction has taken over a year as well (installation errors, etc).

Permit on the supercharge.info site can mean a multitude of things. Are some cases where pins get added to supercharge.info based upon a report in something like a planning commission minutes. That could be in the planning stage, well before a permit application is submitted or applied. I believe the site outside of Evansville is an example of that. My memory is that pin got added to the map when the application was submitted, but required some iterations in the site plan before it was approved. So the Permit status on supercharge.info could be more a "planned" per a rigorous example of permit issued. Not intending to criticize the work of those that admin the supercharge.info site; it's a great resource. But you need to understand what the data really represents at times.

Also, realize that a multitude of situations can happen which can delay or pause activity after construction is started. A great example of that is the current site under construction in Hendersonville, TN. It currently shows as being in the construction phase for over 400 days. If you read the associated thread, there were some issues that got raised after construction started with activity have been paused for many months and just recently restarted.

So as with all new supercharger stations ... it will be open when it's open. Until then, patience is the best guidance anyone can provide.

Reactions: Mrbrock
Permit on the supercharge.info site can mean a multitude of things. Are some cases where pins get added to supercharge.info based upon a report in something like a planning commission minutes. That could be in the planning stage, well before a permit application is submitted or applied. I believe the site outside of Evansville is an example of that. My memory is that pin got added to the map when the application was submitted, but required some iterations in the site plan before it was approved. So the Permit status on supercharge.info could be more a "planned" per a rigorous example of permit issued. Not intending to criticize the work of those that admin the supercharge.info site; it's a great resource. But you need to understand what the data really represents at times.

Also, realize that a multitude of situations can happen which can delay or pause activity after construction is started. A great example of that is the current site under construction in Hendersonville, TN. It currently shows as being in the construction phase for over 400 days. If you read the associated thread, there were some issues that got raised after construction started with activity have been paused for many months and just recently restarted.

So as with all new supercharger stations ... it will be open when it's open. Until then, patience is the best guidance anyone can provide.
Exactly. My point was that those of us posting locations either in permitting or being proposed should restrain from using "coming soon" when the permitting process can take years.

Reactions: Big Earl
ITS HAPPENING!!!
image-jpg.1020886

So this will almost be 2 years from permit to completion. “Coming soon”! Hah! Glad it’s being done but hopefully we can be a little more restrained when it comes to posting things like this. Permits have been submitted, that’s it. Some of those permits are never approved or issued. Some places that means approval in a month and construction soon thereafter. Many places this means months and months of plan resubmittals and cutting through bureaucratic red tape.