Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carthage, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been in need of an SC here, but I must say there are not many Teslas nor many other EVs in Panola county. It's odd that this is appearing on the to-do list before points along I-20. The Lindale SC always seems busy so something between there and Shreveport is sorely needed. Regardless, I'll take it and I pass through here frequently, so I'll keep an eye out for construction.

Reactions: zroger73
I have been in need of an SC here, but I must say there are not many Teslas nor many other EVs in Panola county. It's odd that this is appearing on the to-do list before points along I-20. The Lindale SC always seems busy so something between there and Shreveport is sorely needed. Regardless, I'll take it and I pass through here frequently, so I'll keep an eye out for construction.

SCs for the most part, especially in rural areas aren't necessarily there to serve the locals. They are to facilitate long distance travel. Based on what I can see on supercharge.info's map, it looks like they are trying to electrify a direct route from Houston to Shreveport and this would fall in line with that route.

I stopped by last night and found a new utility pole, flagging, markings on the grass, and a dumpster in the most likely location. No fencing, excavation equipment, conduit, or Tesla equipment were present. The dirt around the utility pole looked freshly disturbed. The new pole was not connected to the overhead lines. I expect to see ground broken here within the next two weeks. If you are familiar with the Nacogdoches SC (which is also a TA Express), this is oriented almost identically, with the expected SC site being to the right as you face the main customer entrance (non trucker entrance) of the store. The two pictures I took were facing west beneath the marquee sign.

Attachments

• Carthage1.jpg
    Carthage1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Carthage2.jpg
    Carthage2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 59
  • CarthageOverhead.GIF
    CarthageOverhead.GIF
    2 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Construction has begun. A trench been dug where the charge pedestals will go and conduit for 8 chargers is evident. What looks like two switchgear cabinets are onsite. I think the number of stalls for this site should be dropped from 12 to 8. There's no transformer pad yet and the distribution lines have not been connected to the new utility pole yet.

Attachments

• Carthage3.jpg
    Carthage3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Carthage4.jpg
    Carthage4.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Carthage5.jpg
    Carthage5.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 67
Agreed. I was surprised to see SCs coming to Carthage and Henderson, but not Longview.

Reactions: Thomas Eaves
I stopped by last night and found a new utility pole, flagging, markings on the grass, and a dumpster in the most likely location. No fencing, excavation equipment, conduit, or Tesla equipment were present. The dirt around the utility pole looked freshly disturbed. The new pole was not connected to the overhead lines. I expect to see ground broken here within the next two weeks. If you are familiar with the Nacogdoches SC (which is also a TA Express), this is oriented almost identically, with the expected SC site being to the right as you face the main customer entrance (non trucker entrance) of the store. The two pictures I took were facing west beneath the marquee sign.
I thought I was looking at an overhead view of the SCs in Nacogdoches. :)

Similar layout: TA Express <> Denny's <> SCs

Reactions: Thomas Eaves
I took a trip to Carthage today to dine at Texas Tea Room. Unfortunately, there was a note on the door that said they were closed for a festival. The backup restaurant was no longer in business. So, I had Denny's by the Superchargers and bought 20 kWh of electricity. I only got 90-something kWh. There was one other Tesla charging when I arrived.

IMG_6076.JPG

Reactions: cctalley