Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tyler, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tyler, TX

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Texas Best Smokehouse
Along Primary Interstates: I-20
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-271
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-20

To: Shreveport, LA (v2) - 84.4 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Bossier City, LA - 90.6 miles (Construction)

US-271

To: End (US-71 Bus Fort Smith, AR) - 285.6 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles

Splitter! On I-20, Tyler, TX will split 103 miles, 19.5 miles from Lindale, TX, 84.4 miles to Shreveport, LA.

Also the first Supercharger location on US-271.

I drove by a few weeks ago and surveyed the area for a likely location for the Superchargers.

My first guess is where the yellow circle is, but there is a tall retaining wall there right in front of the parking spaces.

My second guess is where the red circle is, but there are only 7 parking spaces there, so some concrete work would need to be done.

There is a single-phase drop just east of the store and a three-phase drop at the north corner, but electrical distribution lines run along both sides and rear of the property, so supply shouldn't be a major issue regardless of location.

As an aside, I could have sworn that the original completion date was listed as 11/15/24 - I remember thinking "9 months".

1709652637578.png

1709652278607.png

Last edited:
Speaking of Tyler, Texas and surrounding areas...

It looks dozens of EV fast charging locations are about to pop up across the state.

Last night, I noticed an unexpected announcement for a new charging location in Kilgore, Texas.

I had hoped this would be Tesla Superchargers, but it will actually be non-Tesla fast chargers owned by Francis Energy LLC. The nearest locations owned by this company charge 52¢/kWh compared to 31¢/kWh for Superchagers in the area.

Most of these pending locations appear to be the result of Texas' NEVI program.

GM Energy is about to open a fast charging location in Tyler - just waiting on a transformer.

I was passing through the area and stopped by to take a look. It certainly possible that this is the Tesla construction location, but I don't think so. I think this is just curb rework as part of the restaurant drive-thru build. Until we see hardware going in, or at least conduits, anybody coming through here to check on construction should still look at the whole parking lot, including the area to the northeast, #1 / yellow above.

Attachments

• 20240331_150504.jpg
    20240331_150504.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240331_150549.jpg
    20240331_150549.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Informative
Reactions: zroger73