Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chicago, IL - O’Hare International Airport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, Everybody

I just stopped by this location and got some new pic. The superchargers have been finished but have not been powered on yet. I also saw 2 Tesla destination chargers with J1772 Plugs built-in which I have never seen before.
Wait. I just saw that the J1772s had green lights on. That may have meant that they are functional. Did you try them out?

Chargers are said to be activated when the Mobil station opens. Photos from PlugShare
BEE4DC34-5B44-4BD7-8E41-837A702A5574.jpeg
B547FCFE-1F65-4BB5-ADCE-A2DD6F924463.jpeg

Stopped last night and neither destination charger was working either. They had been January 26th.
Should be plenty of room. I plan on making this my waiting spot when I have to pick someone up at O'Hare. Driving round and round up 6 levels for 72kW at Rosemont vs this one is 150kW is a no brainer.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Stopped last night and neither destination charger was working either. They had been January 26th.
Should be plenty of room. I plan on making this my waiting spot when I have to pick someone up at O'Hare. Driving round and round up 6 levels for 72kW at Rosemont vs this one is 150kW is a no brainer.

Yep. All FUSC Tesla owners will be doing that instead of using the cell phone lot. Expect queues when people find out.

Furthermore, to avoid the screaming-in-your-face-immediately-upon-pulling-up-to-the-terminal idiot wearing a yellow vest, one might consider having their passenger take the bus to lot G. I've seen some really nasty people at the curbs, but he was the worst I've seen in 40 years--and the airport was dead. He's why I decided to look at how close lot G was to the SC. It is a short walk to the chargers and almost a no-brainer in good weather and daylight when O'Hare is busy. Snacks, bathroom, entertainment and charging without the hassle!

Furthermore, to avoid the screaming-in-your-face-immediately-upon-pulling-up-to-the-terminal idiot wearing a yellow vest, one might consider having their passenger take the bus to lot G. I've seen some really nasty people at the curbs, but he was the worst I've seen in 40 years--and the airport was dead. He's why I decided to look at how close lot G was to the SC. It is a short walk to the chargers and almost a no-brainer in good weather and daylight when O'Hare is busy. Snacks, bathroom, entertainment and charging without the hassle!

While I have experienced this myself and it is unsettling, I find it to be a necessary evil. Other airports that do not do this are filled with people double/triple parked in front of the doors which causes huge traffic backups.

Found several articles about this location. New Chicago O’Hare travel plaza to open in 2019

Part of O'Hare expansion and Chicago Dept of Aviation has had Petroleum management group build and manage. Was supposed to open in November 2019.
Solar roof to provide half of power to the station and 60% is alternative fuels because they include E85 along with EV charging.
Tried to email PMG but website screwed up then called. Told they are moving and phones and IT not working; call back in a week.Tried to call CDA.....