Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Colorado Springs, CO - Forest Bluffs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla.com/findus has a new Colorado Springs Supercharger listed with a target opening of Q1 2023.

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 3.56.27 PM.png

Reactions: PStewart
So, let’s start the speculation… :)
West? Maybe Manitou Springs?
East? Maybe First & Main area?
South? Maybe Fountain?
Central, along I-25 (to replace the parking garage location)?
North? Naw, we already have Monument.
What makes the most sense?
Personally, I hope west, east, AND south!!! (3 new ones) (Then the parking garage would be irrelevant)

It’s going to be along I-25 for sure. I’d vote Motor City or near the Olympic museum.

If it’s not on I-25 the. It’ll be N. Powers… bleh.

I don’t get the hate for the parking structure charger, we lived on Hancock & Cache La Poudre so it wasn’t far and we were downtown all the time at that structure… no issues *flame suit ON*

It’s going to be along I-25 for sure. I’d vote Motor City or near the Olympic museum.

If it’s not on I-25 the. It’ll be N. Powers… bleh.

I don’t get the hate for the parking structure charger, we lived on Hancock & Cache La Poudre so it wasn’t far and we were downtown all the time at that structure… no issues *flame suit ON*
I don’t mind the parking garage location so much. And having a roof over your head while charging is kind of nice, especially if it is raining or snowing.
But, $3 to use it is kind of annoying. And too often there is a homeless person wandering through there; its never been a problem for me, but sometimes someone is hanging around and i don’t want to be seen walking away leaving my car unattended; it is just not a comfortable situation.

Based on some Twitter posts, it looks like this will be a v4 Supercharger located by Chuy's restaurant at 9297 Forest Bluffs View in Colorado Springs. Thread title has been updated (but it might be changed again once this location opens).

Good news! Interestingly, this site is slightly closer to the Monument supercharger to the north than to the existing CO Springs supercharger to the south...

So, let’s start the speculation… :)
West? Maybe Manitou Springs?
East? Maybe First & Main area?
South? Maybe Fountain?
Central, along I-25 (to replace the parking garage location)?
North? Naw, we already have Monument.
What makes the most sense?
Personally, I hope west, east, AND south!!! (3 new ones) (Then the parking garage would be irrelevant)
So, Tesla decides to put a new supercharger in between 2 existing chargers that are only 20 miles apart.
This was the least likely option, or so I thought… :)
I assume this was a tactical opportunity that popped up, though if Tesla knows about a future concern with the parking garage location, this new location would make more sense. Hopefully Tesla is looking for another charger location on the South side of the city. And a supercharger up the hill in Woodland Park (maybe at the Walmart) would be great for better access to Western CO.

So, Tesla decides to put a new supercharger in between 2 existing chargers that are only 20 miles apart.
This was the least likely option, or so I thought… :)
I assume this was a tactical opportunity that popped up, though if Tesla knows about a future concern with the parking garage location, this new location would make more sense. Hopefully Tesla is looking for another charger location on the South side of the city. And a supercharger up the hill in Woodland Park (maybe at the Walmart) would be great for better access to Western CO.
The parking garage supercharger was kind of a pain in the ass, especially for through travelers (major interstate corridor). There's no reason to get rid of it, but it will be nice to provide another Colorado Springs option for those who don't want to deal with that garage (raising my hand!). Pueblo just opened 45 miles south so that splits the Trinidad/Colorado Springs gap nicely.

No need to even go to the old CS Supercharger location with Pueblo and Monument, unless one is a CS local without home charging.

I would guess this new location is just to spread out the increasing volume of use for I-25 drivers. Sort of like how they have Supercharger Stations every few miles in California and the East.

I'd much rather have Alamosa, however!

I found it fascinating that in two visits to Trinidad on Friday, all but two cars visited the old V2 stalls and ignored the three V3 stalls. Lots of newbies driving Teslas these days... :)
I was using the V3s because they were empty, not that I can benefit from them because my car maxes out at 75 kW when below 10% and tapers rapidly down from that.

Last edited:
No need to even go to the old CS Supercharger location with Pueblo and Monument, unless one is a CS local without home charging.

I would guess this new location is just to spread out the increasing volume of use for I-25 drivers. Sort of like how they have Supercharger Stations every few miles in California and the East.

I'd much rather have Alamosa, however!

I found it fascinating that in two visits to Trinidad on Friday, all but two cars visited the old V2 stalls and ignored the three V3 stalls. Lots of newbies driving Teslas these days... :)
I was using the V3s because they were empty, not that I can benefit from them because my car maxes out at 75 kW when below 10% and tapers rapidly down from that.
Every time I have been through Trinidad (coming and going from Denver), the V3's are never used. I assume people thinking its off from the other chargers that they are old. I get there, use the bathroom in the gas station and I get back and ready to go. I recall one person asking how I am leaving soo fast, and told him the trip. Driving off, I saw him move his car to where I was lol

Reactions: 85Drew
Every time I have been through Trinidad (coming and going from Denver), the V3's are never used. I assume people thinking its off from the other chargers that they are old. I get there, use the bathroom in the gas station and I get back and ready to go. I recall one person asking how I am leaving soo fast, and told him the trip. Driving off, I saw him move his car to where I was lol
When they first added the V3s I tried to tell drivers about them on my visit to Trinidad. Now, I feel like a nag if I mention it.

Back in the day I used to explain Supercharger pairing to newbies but the Tesla community was a lot smaller back then.

Reactions: Pricedm
Alamosa! Must! Have! Dammit!
When I was at Parachute shortly after it opened, I asked the Tesla tech, who was working on one of the units and who had turned on Pueblo the week before, about Alamosa. He said he thought it was in the works for early next year. I guess we'll see.

He was traveling around the state in a Y with what appeared to be his S.O. I presume that he will be testing and activating this new CS Supercharger Station when the time comes.