Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Colorado Springs, CO - Forest Bluffs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping there's some movement on this sooner than later seeing as the current Colorado Springs charger is closing this month.
Yea, Monument is getting busier by the week. It's too small and one charger is barely usable. After Springs closes, I'm guessing we'll see a noticeable increase at Monument. It's hard to skip that one in colder months or if you have an older car.

Reactions: PStewart
Swung by the site today and there’s definitely activity going on. Workers were there but I didn’t want to photograph them. Looked like conduit work going on. Lots of Tesla branded boxes delivered as well. I think the status on supercharger.info can be updated to ‘construction’ if anyone knows the right person to tag.
C0E6B6FC-1D9D-4514-907B-6C4B80CE0729.jpeg
37A4D505-82D7-4254-8F7A-CBF808E31894.jpeg

Now the biggest mystery is.. if these are infact V4… will the chargers be in the center of the parking spots? With the new tall dispenser as seen in the Netherlands?
Probably not, but the nearby locals just need to watch for what kind of prefab pedestal bases show up (the existing V3 bases are pretty obvious). With charging cabinets showing up on site already, this will not be a prefab 4 unit based site. But, it could be a Magic Dock site.

Last edited:
I think they are V3. I stopped by and took pictures. One of the boxes is clearly labeled as Supercharger V3, Cabinet. Here are some of the pictures. One label says Supercharger POST, 4UP, but I think that means there is 4 of them in that box.
PXL_20230318_213423338.MP.jpg
PXL_20230318_213356294.jpg
PXL_20230318_213345478.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Tectonic
I think they are V3. I stopped by and took pictures. One of the boxes is clearly labeled as Supercharger V3, Cabinet. Here are some of the pictures. One label says Supercharger POST, 4UP, but I think that means there is 4 of them in that box. View attachment 919285View attachment 919286View attachment 919287
They are definitely V3. Tesla has already announced that V4 superchargers wont come no time soon. I could see them around Q3-Q4 once production starts with Cybertruck. Keep in mind the V3 can max out at 324 per Elon so there's that.

This would not be a great site for Magic Dock. Maybe once the city is well covered by superchargers, but not now.
Based on the date on the charger pylon box, I would highly doubt that this site is Magic Dock. Just a guess, but I am going on the record with my prediction. :)

You're probably right. I dont see magic dock in the springs first before Denver but you never know these days. All the Springs needs now is a SuC south of downtown and it should be covered pretty well then.

Reactions: DeepBlueMN
You're probably right. I dont see magic dock in the springs first before Denver but you never know these days. All the Springs needs now is a SuC south of downtown and it should be covered pretty well then.
I only brought up magic dock since it's a new install and would be easier/cheaper to add it now versus retrofitting later. Personally I'm hoping it doesn't and I have a non Tesla EV. I'd feel like a complete DB if I was blocking two or more spots. They really need to figure that out.

I only brought up magic dock since it's a new install and would be easier/cheaper to add it now versus retrofitting later. Personally I'm hoping it doesn't and I have a non Tesla EV. I'd feel like a complete DB if I was blocking two or more spots. They really need to figure that out.

Their solution to the problem seems to be V4 charging pedestals, which have longer cables and, at least in the case of the single open site in Europe, are centered in the parking spot. I think they're going through validation with that site right now, and we'll start seeing them get installed in the US soon. Tesla will likely also continue adding MagicDocks to V3 sites, but I think the focus will be on V4 since it also supports 1,000 volts.

Their solution to the problem seems to be V4 charging pedestals, which have longer cables and, at least in the case of the single open site in Europe, are centered in the parking spot. I think they're going through validation with that site right now, and we'll start seeing them get installed in the US soon. Tesla will likely also continue adding MagicDocks to V3 sites, but I think the focus will be on V4 since it also supports 1,000 volts.
I can't wait to try a v4 on my Ioniq5.