Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Colorado Springs, CO - Lake Ave and I25

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yet another location in the Springs that leaves me a bit disappointed.
Disagree…
For a long time only the north side of the Springs was getting any supercharger attention. (Especially while Denver was seeing sites open by the dozen). It was really frustrating to always have to drive north (and always in thick traffic) to use the downtown parking ramp location. Finally I even got the CCS adapter so I could charge at the Stratmoor EA station… That’s how desperate and annoyed I was! :)
I was hoping to also see something pop up around Manitou Springs or East side like First & Main, but I am thrilled to see this south side location coming (hopefully this year).

Fair enough…
But, why are you “disappointed”? This seems like a good logical location choice. What is wrong with this location? Or, said differently, what areas in CS would be a better choices?
There needs to be a charger on the west side. Old Colorado City, Manitou, something like that. It would be great for anyone about to make the big climb up 24. Just feels like they are only thinking about i25 north/south traffic and neglecting all the mountain traffic.

There needs to be a charger on the west side. Old Colorado City, Manitou, something like that. It would be great for anyone about to make the big climb up 24. Just feels like they are only thinking about i25 north/south traffic and neglecting all the mountain traffic.
Yeah, I have been advocating for Manitou Springs for 4 years now. (Or even Woodland Park).
I have to use the 62kW ChargePoints in Manitou later this week. Crossing my fingers that it is not a fail and I am forced to drive downtown!

Reactions: MountainManGuy