Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, MO - W Broadway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A permit has been issued for the installation of 12 V3 Superchargers at the Hy-Vee grocery store in Columbia, MO. This will be Columbia’s 2nd Supercharger, this time located on the west side of the city. Construction may have started.

CSS

Columbia.jpg

Columbia - W Broadway, MO

Along Primary Interstates: I-70
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-40
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-70

To: Columbia, MO - 8.6 miles
Diversion: 3.4 miles
To: St. Charles, MO - 104.4 miles

To: Mount Pleasant, IA (I-70, MO-763, US-63, MO-22, MO-151, US-24, MO-W**, MO-J**, US-24-MO-27-IA-27-US-218*) - 183.1 miles
To: Hannibal, MO (I-70, US-54, MO-19, US-61) - 99.7 miles
To: Springfield, IL (I-70, US-54, I-72) - 184.1 miles
To: Mehlville, MO (I-70, I-64, I-270, "I-55", US-50) - 126.9 miles
To: Rolla, MO (MO-740, US-63, I-44) - 97.7 miles
To: Osage Beach, MO (MO-740, US-63, US-54) - 77.4 miles
To: Bethany, MO (MO-740, I-70, MO-763, US-63, US-36, US-65, MO-190, MO-V**, MO-6, MO-13, I-35, US-136) - 175.2 miles

Version 3 Supercharger supplementing the current Columbia, MO location.
Not the most convenient location, but still it's V3.

* Called "Avenue of the Saints" apparently.
** What's with all the letters? Missouri Supplemental Routes.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverMonk
Looks to be too far off the interstate.....This is the biggest thing that bothers me about a lot of supercharger locations. The other one in Columbia is a pretty quick juant off the exit ramp. This one looks to be through probably at least 4 or more stop lights in town....but its good to see addtional options along this very heavy traveled route.

Looks to be too far off the interstate.....This is the biggest thing that bothers me about a lot of supercharger locations. The other one in Columbia is a pretty quick juant off the exit ramp. This one looks to be through probably at least 4 or more stop lights in town....but its good to see addtional options along this very heavy traveled route.
It seems to be a much more appealing location for grabbing a meal or otherwise productively spending time while charging.

Reactions: DblOSmith
I stopped here yesterday and saw no signs of construction, not even utility markings. It's a tight parking lot, and to me it looks like the only sensible place to put them would be in the strip of parking closest to Broadway.

You’ll rarely need to use it, unless you live in an apartment without charging access. It cost 2 x as much as home charging.
Is it worth it to get a Level 2 charger installed in a home garage? I imagine the standard plug would be good enough. If I do that I may order a second basic charger so that I can have one in my car in case of emergency - or road trips without having to remember to grab it.

Is it worth it to get a Level 2 charger installed in a home garage? I imagine the standard plug would be good enough. If I do that I may order a second basic charger so that I can have one in my car in case of emergency - or road trips without having to remember to grab it.
Really depends on how much you drive. 110 only charges at ~4 miles per hour. We drive 60+ miles per day so we had to have a 220 installed. Another thing to think about is efficiency of charging. 110 only has an efficiency of 80% where 220 is higher when charging at 48 amps.

We were there for Father’s Day and the parking lot has been completely replaced. I will say that is an extremely busy supercharger. I wouldn’t count on ever getting 150KW there as you are almost always sharing a charger.