Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, MO - Clark Lane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Superchargers are being installed at 3405 Clark Ln (Bandana's BBQ) and there are completed inspections for electrical service so construction is under way (maybe even as far as completed and ready to turn on based on the 12/12/23 permanent service issued permit. The permit lists 17 circuits and 1200A so this could be 8-12 stalls plus lighting (12 stalls + 4 cabinets + 1 lighting = 17).
1702801823370.png1702801916532.png

Three in Columbia, Mo. I wonder if the original hotel one on the east side of town will close up. Kingdom City would be a nice add one day.
The hotel location is convenient from the highway like this one, but in my opinion isn't good for food options unless you stop and pick something before arriving, I feel the other location is too far off the highway, but have only experienced it during a busy traffic time, although I believe it's only like 1.5 miles from I-70.
I wonder if the owner of this Bandana's is the owner of the Rolla, MO location that also has a SC on site?

Reactions: MarkeR2002
Looks to be done. Only 8, not 12. But, power still isn't on.

I believe this location will be better for travelers being right off the interstate. Lots of food options also.
8 fits with ”8-12 stalls”. Also, no need to plug in if TESLA isn’t glowing red on the stalls. And it’ll show up in the Tesla app as well once it’s turned on. Thanks for the picture showing it’s ready.

Re-construct the East (Holiday Inn) site as a v4 with magic dock to keep it viable. Otherwise, it may not succeed.
Again, it would need to break down for this to happen. Why would a V2 site not be viable? As long as it works, why get rid of it? V2 is great for people without home charging. They don’t need the speed to continue a trip.

The architecture is such that you can’t reuse infrastructure so it would be a complete bulldoze, retrench, new conduit and everything else.

Again, it would need to break down for this to happen. Why would a V2 site not be viable? As long as it works, why get rid of it? V2 is great for people without home charging. They don’t need the speed to continue a trip.

The architecture is such that you can’t reuse infrastructure so it would be a complete bulldoze, retrench, new conduit and everything else.
Limon, CO SC with 6 v2's in 2014. Upgraded to 14 v3's in 2022. No bulldoze, retrench or new conduit for upgrading old v2's to new v3's.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mrbrock
Limon, CO SC with 6 v2's in 2014. Upgraded to 14 v3's in 2022. No bulldoze, retrench or new conduit for upgrading old v2's to new v3's.
They didn’t upgrade the V2. They just added 8 V3.
1705858757143.png

V2 is two posts per cabinet so there are two conduit stubs per cabinet. V3 is 4 posts per cabinet so 4 conduit stubs. The two pairs of conduit stubs for 2 v2 cabinets are not close enough to fit under a V3 cabinet. There would need to be some crazy ugly above ground or underground (digging/trenching) to get them to line up under a v3 cabinet. The only way they could upgrade without digging is to do 2 posts per V3 cabinet which would cost more money. V2 cabinets are smaller so the same number of V3 cabinets might not even fit above the appropriate conduits. Again, not worth time/money/hassle to “upgrade” V2 to V3/V4. It is a complete tear down and replace if that happens. Just add more stalls elsewhere or in the same lot like Limon.