Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, SC - Harbison Blvd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit disappointed by this location choice tbh, I guess it’s designed to be more of an urban SC? Harbison Blvd is regularly backed up with mall traffic. Happy to have another charging option on I-26 of course, but wish it had been a bit further north.

A bit disappointed by this location choice tbh, I guess it’s designed to be more of an urban SC? Harbison Blvd is regularly backed up with mall traffic. Happy to have another charging option on I-26 of course, but wish it had been a bit further north.
The traffic is unfortunate, but there are back ways in and out using the Piney Grove exit. This was always the most likely choice to me as there are many parking lots and shops available for Tesla to make a deal with. Any further north you go past Harbison the options get very limited very quickly. I-26 is like a complete dead zone almost from Harbison to Spartanburg to be honest, other than a few gas stations and McDonald’s along the way.

The traffic is unfortunate, but there are back ways in and out using the Piney Grove exit. This was always the most likely choice to me as there are many parking lots and shops available for Tesla to make a deal with. Any further north you go past Harbison the options get very limited very quickly. I-26 is like a complete dead zone almost from Harbison to Spartanburg to be honest, other than a few gas stations and McDonald’s along the way.
Thanks, I’ll have to investigate that!

True, though tbh it is a lot better than it used to be now that qt is in Clinton. But qt has exactly one site with ev charging (Denver) and no Tesla superchargers.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Live @Big Earl @corywright

955555F0-2F52-411B-859D-E037355D73A9.jpeg

Drove by there yesterday on an epic trip to Chicago from Charleston. Fortunately didn’t need it as the car made it easily to Asheville from Orangeburg despite being loaded down with luggage and a bike on the back! Very impressed with how little projected range was affected.

Reactions: MWhy
Drove by there yesterday on an epic trip to Chicago from Charleston. Fortunately didn’t need it as the car made it easily to Asheville from Orangeburg despite being loaded down with luggage and a bike on the back! Very impressed with how little projected range was affected.
I drive from Greenville to Columbia a decent amount and what you don't really realize until you think about it is that you are mostly going downhill the whole way to the coast. I use much less charge down to Columbia vs back up to Greenville.

Sea level map below:

1659535213796.png

I drive from Greenville to Columbia a decent amount and what you don't really realize until you think about it is that you are mostly going downhill the whole way to the coast. I use much less charge down to Columbia vs back up to Greenville.

Sea level map below:

View attachment 836085
Right, going the other way is much harder. But we were able to do 70 all the way to Asheville.

Sea level map below:

View attachment 836085
Oh, that explains why I always use a little more on the way to Spartanburg than on the way back to the lowcountry.