Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Commerce, CA (LIVE 13 Jul 2021, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just here last week on Tuesday and it was fine

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210720-112301_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720-112301_Tesla.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 90
Charged here tonight and it did peak at least 220kw, but then would go down to like 25kw for a few seconds-minutes, then ramp back up to normal or near it…eventually once the charge curve got to about 160kw or so then it didn’t do the up and down thing any more and seemed pretty normal. I didn’t time it but overall it didn’t take much longer than usual for my 13-80% charge. I did switch stalls once after I saw it at 25k, but the second stall also went down that low. I just stuck with it at the second one, though.

Charged here tonight and it did peak at least 220kw, but then would go down to like 25kw for a few seconds-minutes, then ramp back up to normal or near it…eventually once the charge curve got to about 160kw or so then it didn’t do the up and down thing any more and seemed pretty normal. I didn’t time it but overall it didn’t take much longer than usual for my 13-80% charge. I did switch stalls once after I saw it at 25k, but the second stall also went down that low. I just stuck with it at the second one, though.
Stats app has nice charting page you can see charge curve for each time. It’s delayed sometimes showing up but it keeps a history of all charge ups

The interactive map in the car does not get even close to this actual SC. Also they appear to block off all access after hours. Once again a SC that is totally hit-or-miss depending on a third party. Tesla -- please do not put SC in a location where a third party can close off access!

At night they blockade the outlet; for newbies, like us tonight, the best way to enter is via doubletree inn entrance. Drive down from there and there is a small unblocked opening for you to enter to reach the other side where the chargers are. Otherwise, the car map will route you all around to entrances all closed off after hours.

The interactive map in the car does not get even close to this actual SC. Also they appear to block off all access after hours. Once again a SC that is totally hit-or-miss depending on a third party. Tesla -- please do not put SC in a location where a third party can close off access!
This previous post seems to address the late night access issues.

This previous post seems to address the late night access issues.
Well, yes and no. The majority of drivers do not visit this site and even though I do, I don't think I should have to read a lengthy thread about every SC I visit. This is not debatable -- any SC that shows up on the map must be 100% accessible at all times, and if for some reason it is not, that info must be shared with the driver. Navigating to an SC should navigate to the SC.

Reactions: SR-75
Well, yes and no. The majority of drivers do not visit this site and even though I do, I don't think I should have to read a lengthy thread about every SC I visit. This is not debatable -- any SC that shows up on the map must be 100% accessible at all times, and if for some reason it is not, that info must be shared with the driver. Navigating to an SC should navigate to the SC.
Email supercharger team.

At night they blockade the outlet; for newbies, like us tonight, the best way to enter is via doubletree inn entrance. Drive down from there and there is a small unblocked opening for you to enter to reach the other side where the chargers are. Otherwise, the car map will route you all around to entrances all closed off after hours.
Thanks for this. Saved me a lot of time. The late night setup at San Gabriel is similarly daft.

Reactions: awokeinthelbc