Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Coverage Misleading ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Except even then it's incorrect. Eg There's no charger with 300 miles of Memphis, and yet we are (just barely) in the pink. Buddy of mine drove his Model S to Nashville without stopping, and apparently without much paying attention either. Didn't make the 220 miles - had to call a flat bed. Now, in 4 months, maybe there will be 2 or even 3 chargers roughly 200 miles away, no plans published for anything closer until 2016. I'm using this as an example, there's plenty of other pink areas that shouldn't be.
As various folks have pointed out, this map appears to include a number of Supercharger stations that are not open yet. Maybe Tesla figures that all of those will be open before someone who orders today could get their car? I'm not sure what the logic is, but you should be in easy range of a Supercharger once the two Tennessee stations promised on the map are actually open. (I think - I'm not actually an expert on Tennessee.)

Yes, it's misleading. The range circles should simply be removed.

Using the same logic as applied to their map, the populated areas of US and Canada could have "complete coverage" with about 50 gas stations and range circles with 400-mile radius.