Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Decatur, GA - East Ponce de Leon Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! I see from your sig that you confirmed still no power (no lights) on the Level 2 stations.

Now let's try to work this from the Tesla side, since the property owner is basically shrugging at me. Can one of you all (Tesla owners) use your problem reporting mechanism to report that the three Level 2 stations are all down at this site?

I wasn't planning to get over here until later this week, but my plans changed. The Level 2 stations definitely don't supply power. I think we can continue to rely on the presence or absence of the lights to determine if they're on yet (so just a driveby). Thanks DR for your continued monitoring.

If anyone does report this to Tesla, please let us know here.

To briefly describe my limited testing procedure:

1. Arrive after dark.
2. Unseat the handle and reseat it, assuming that would be enough to get it to light up.
3. Observe, toss cables back over on the safe side of concrete bumper.
4. Repeat X 3.

I'll get by there again tomorrow evening (just to be thorough) and then am out of the country a few weeks.
So will check again in two weeks time or so (and update the sig).

-R

Reactions: ChrisC
Thanks @DangerRuss for the update yesterday that it's still not working.

I am not able to report this problem to Tesla. Can somebody here with a Tesla use your reporting mechanism (in car?) to report it? Here is some sample text:

The Decatur GA East Ponce supercharger location also had three Tesla HPWC Level 2 stations installed as part of the project. They have never worked -- they have no power to them. The site host is shrugging and saying it's a Tesla thing. Can you investigate with the Supercharger deployment team?

It's now been almost a full year since the Superchargers went online and the Level 2 stations STILL don't work. See my reports above for first a) my success in reaching the owner/operator of this parking deck, but then b) subsequent failure to get them to take this seriously. Thus we wanted to pivot to pushing this from the Tesla side, but I haven't seen any signs here that anyone has reported it. Could someone please report this problem to Tesla? Below is some proposed text, so you could just copy-paste, or dictate into a trouble report using the in-car trouble reporting system.

The Decatur GA East Ponce supercharger location also had three Tesla HPWC Level 2 stations installed as part of the project. They have never worked -- they have no power to them. The site host is shrugging and saying it's a Tesla thing. Can you investigate with the Supercharger deployment team?