Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - DeFuniak Springs, FL (I-10 between Tallahassee & Pensacola)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Raddoc001 - what condo? My wife's parents have one at Destin Beach Club and they are considering a Model S. Long shot obviously with all the condos there but just thought if you were at the same place maybe we can get multiple owners to collaborate for an HPWC at the condo.

I have a condo in Ariel Dunes II in Miramar Beach. There is no charging facility there. It would be great if there was a HPWC in the vicinity. SC in DeFuniac Springs will be a great beginning though.

I have a condo in Ariel Dunes II in Miramar Beach. There is no charging facility there. It would be great if there was a HPWC in the vicinity. SC in DeFuniac Springs will be a great beginning though.
We really need DESTINation charging in Destin! I had emailed the Embassy Suites and the Sandestin Golf and Beach Club in the fall saying we were interested in vacationing in Destin next year and telling them about Tesla's destination charging program, and got no response. I also emailed the destination charging team asking them to follow up with the locations and heard nothing back from them either.

hopefully those are old photos. Otherwise looks like the construction is not as far along as noted earlier.
I took these yesterday. The base of the transformer are completed. I believe what is needed the connections. I spoke to the assistant manager and he indicated that the contractor started on this project three weeks ago. They have been hampered by the weather and a small issue which they have resolved. This is the same contractor that installed Greenville and Auburn, AL.

I spoke with the Contractor yesterday about the construction schedule and was told that testing of the facility will occur on January 8th. Sounds like their may be some landscaping that will remain outstanding on that date but the charging equipment, according to the contractor, should be functional by next weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

there, not their. Sorry, sloppy typing on phone.

DeFuniak Springs is live according on Tesla website!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the typo. I meant to say "according to Tesla website." I am so excited about this SC because this is less than 40 miles from my beach house. It will facilitate travel from Atlanta to Santa Rosa Beach.

The main supercharger page still has it greyed out, and the total hasn't been increased so I'm skeptical. The interactive map does show it live, but with five stalls. I've only seen even number of stalls. Any way it's close, and will certainly operational by the time my X arrives!

This is great news. Also showing on supercharge.info. Just need something between Lake City and Defuniak to provide the 60's with some extra range, as well as the Mobile/Gulfport/Ocean Springs region to get everyone to NOLA. Great work. Big week for America's best car company!

This is great news. Also showing on supercharge.info. Just need something between Lake City and Defuniak to provide the 60's with some extra range, as well as the Mobile/Gulfport/Ocean Springs region to get everyone to NOLA. Great work. Big week for America's best car company!

Unfortunately, while that red dot in-between Lake City and Defuniak is on the "2015" supercharger map, it is not listed as "Coming Soon" ... Will probably be a few months.

I've done that drive before in a rental ICE, and it's pretty similar to Alligator Alley ... complete middle of nowhere, and nobody is going 70MPH. With current software, P85D will be able to complete this with a range charge at 70MPH cruise control probably, but you may not be sane by the time you make it to the other side.

Hopefully Tallahassee goes live sooner than currently implied.

but you may not be sane by the time you make it to the other side.

Hopefully Tallahassee goes live sooner than currently implied.

I've made this trip countless times to my inlay's home in Mississippi. The SC network, and the ability to make the trip in our Model S, was a HUGE factor in "selling" the Tesla concept to my wife. We've been watching this stretch for over 2 years, and while we're happy with DF Springs coming online, we just can't understand why a) it wasn't in Marianna (closer to Lake City) or b) why nothing yet in Tallahassee.
Hopefully by Thanksgiving 2015, all will be corrected. If not, I'm driving the Outback to MS, and fully unable to show off the Model S to the in-laws.

Just a note to say that I visited the DeFuniak Springs supercharger twice on a round trip last week from Baton Rouge, Louisiana to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. On the return trip, I stayed at the Hotel DeFuniak and definitely recommend it. It's in the historic district just 2 blocks from the supercharger, in a restored building built in 1920 as a Masonic Lodge. It's listed as "One of Florida's Top Ten B&B Inns" and the restaurant was really good, too. The owners, Tom and Pam Hutchins, are on site and as I was eating a delicious dinner of red snapper fresh from the Gulf, Pam stopped by my table to ask if everything was okay. The next morning, Tom was cooking blueberry pancakes for breakfast. If your timing includes an overnight stay or even just a meal, I recommend this place. The lake is easy walking distance from the supercharger, too. You can walk around the lake or out on a public pier to stretch your legs a bit after a long ride in the car.

• Disagree
Reactions: MXadopter