Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Amador Plaza (LIVE, 14 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to be able to stay current with new photos etc of this site but I must pass the photo 'shutter' to someone else as I will not be back in Dublin for months. Soooo to those of you who are somewhat local, it is up to you to take pictures and post regularly for all to see. Please do. As you know,
so many on TMC are far, far away and enjoy watching the Tesla Supercharger Network grow. This site in particular because it will be so many things in one. Service Center, show room, possibly HPWC's, superchargers and a grand visual projecting the Tesla brand.
With much appreciation Tyl for your timely Updates not only for Dublin but for the other SCharger sites you posted as well. Hope you are able to come back for grand opening of Dublin SC. :wink:

I've got to pass by the 580/680 intersection on my trip to LA and back soon. I'll take some pix. I was at the San Rafael service center today and they were talking about Dublin being open in several weeks, not several months. Seems hard to believe but maybe they fast tracked this location. Will know more next week when I visit.

Visited this afternoon. Looks like good progress is being made. Nice location. Well accessible from either 580 or 680. Bring your own sandwich and coffee though... :wink: I didn't look around but I don't think there's much to do/eat.

Looks like there will be 10 stalls total. 2 on the side facing the building and 8 facing the other way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    942.7 KB · Views: 799
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    738.3 KB · Views: 740
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    924.8 KB · Views: 744
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 740
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 749
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    828 KB · Views: 745
Interesting. The battery bank is there already.
With demand charges being what they are in most of California, I would be surprised if it wasn't a standard feature for SuperChargers in California and if they didn't have plans to retrofit battery storage at locations which don't have it. Can someone check to see what the power / capacity is? It should be something like 200 kW / 400 kWh or 400 kW / 200 kWh based on what I could make out through a gate on the last Tesla Powerpack I saw.

With demand charges being what they are in most of California, I would be surprised if it wasn't a standard feature for SuperChargers in California and if they didn't have plans to retrofit battery storage at locations which don't have it. Can someone check to see what the power / capacity is? It should be something like 200 kW / 400 kWh or 400 kW / 200 kWh based on what I could make out through a gate on the last Tesla Powerpack I saw.

Have they installed batteries at sites without solar? I don't see evidence of solar in the photos, but I wonder if that will come later.

With demand charges being what they are in most of California, I would be surprised if it wasn't a standard feature for SuperChargers in California and if they didn't have plans to retrofit battery storage at locations which don't have it.

I believe this is what Straubel said last year - all new installations will have batteries and they are working to retrofit old locations. In California especially, using them for peak shaving is a clear win. Add on top of that the batteries are coming at cost, and you would be hard pressed to make the business case AGAINST it.

@ Gra55h0pper..thanks for the photos!!!

This location is huge. There is plenty of room for solar, roof top, over the superchargers, and over most of the lot if Tesla so chooses! Who knows what they have planned but sure hope this location showcases not only Tesla Motors vehicles, but more of their battery storage technology and an awesome display of solar. I hope to see enough solar to offset more than the site's needs.
Tesla may use this site demonstrating 'HOW' it's done!
Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 11.00.57 AM.jpg

Last edited:
What's so ironic is that this location is a former Doge/Chrysler Dealership. The same dealership I went to over a year ago, looking to get in line to order a 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat. They scoffed at my willingness to pay 5K - 10K over invoice, hoping to get my order placed.
I was told that there were "collectors" in Blackhawk ($$$ neighborhood), who wanted a Hellcat and that they were willing to pay 20K+ more. But my name would be put on an alternate list, IF something came up. Needless to say, I never got a call.:mad:
Fast forward a year later and they have since moved down the freeway, closer to where I live and now their stance is they're getting 10K - 15K for the car sold between dealers, let alone what they're asking from the general public.
Well, guess where the deposit for my Hellcat order (which never got picked up) is going now!? HELLO TESLA!!
If that's the way this Dodge dealer treated a future customer, I can only imagine how they'd handle it if an issue were to arise, after the sale.:eek:
I can't wait to pull into that same parking lot, with my new Model S, and "supercharge" my car!:biggrin:

Visited this afternoon. Looks like good progress is being made. Nice location. Well accessible from either 580 or 680. Bring your own sandwich and coffee though... :wink: I didn't look around but I don't think there's much to do/eat.

Looks like there will be 10 stalls total. 2 on the side facing the building and 8 facing the other way.

There are plenty of places to eat/shop within a 5 minute walk.

There are plenty of places to eat/shop within a 5 minute walk.

Specifically, if one walks about a block north on Amador Plaza Rd. to the corner of Dublin Blvd, there are a ton of places. My favorite places for a snack in the area are the Yogurtland on the northeast corner or Tous les Jours (about a half-block farther north). There are a few fast food places if one walks under I-680 on Dublin Blvd. Lots of choices.

That Power pack has 2 inverters and six 70kWh modules for a total of 420kWh. This is the same configuration I've seen at other newer sites.

That Power pack has 2 inverters and six 70kWh modules for a total of 420kWh. This is the same configuration I've seen at other newer sites.
Thanks - so I'm guessing the two tall cabinets with vents at the top probably just contain switchgear and perhaps other support gear - the 6 cabinets in the middle contain the batteries - and the two cabinets on the 3nd with the liquid tight flex conduit at the top are the inverters.

Thanks - so I'm guessing the two tall cabinets with vents at the top probably just contain switchgear and perhaps other support gear - the 6 cabinets in the middle contain the batteries - and the two cabinets on the 3nd with the liquid tight flex conduit at the top are the inverters.

You got it! I haven't seen inside the tall cabinets, but it's obvious that the small ones are the inverters. Every site I've been to has those fans really cranking when they are running. The battery modules are labelled.

Similar setup in Rocklin other that the Power pack is co located with the Utility transformer and the Supercharger cabinets and near the pedestals. Rocklin uses it's immense solar array to charge the battery and then use the battery during off hours. Was there later last Sat night with only 2 other cars the battery pack blowers were running full speed.

...Nice location. Well accessible from either 580 or 680. ....

I've lived in the area for 40 years and I would not call this location "well accessible" or freeway accessible except for I-680 South bound or I-680 South bound heading to I-580 by way of Stoneridge Rd.
If you are coming/going in any other direction you have to go I-680 North and loop back by way of Alcosta Blvd and take the South bound Dublin exit off 680 South.
Other routes take you on Dublin city streets and you're subject to heavy traffic depending on the time of day and many traffic lights.

FWIW, I would always go in and out of the SC from I-680 South Bound off/on ramps and use either Alcosta Blvd, I-680 North bound and loop back on I-680 South bound to the SC off ramp and use I-680 South bound and take Stoneridge Rd. to loop back and catch the other freeway directions completely avoiding the Dublin Blvd traffic.