Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Amador Valley Blvd (LIVE 3 Nov 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Discovered this new supercharger site while visiting the Golden Dragon Dim Sum restaurant. Still not operational and the supercharger stalls are still draped and covered. I wonder what is holding things up?
That is the question I have been asking for months. I wonder if Tesla is slowing the SC installations to conserve cash, or the issue is PG&E installing the transformer or other connection gear.

Looks the same to me. I also didn't notice a transformer pad.

20230521_135916.jpg

Attachments

• 20230521_135922.jpg
    20230521_135922.jpg
    820 KB · Views: 41
evgo is installing dc fast chargers in the parking lot at livermore on vasco road and i talked to the guy in charge of installing them.
he told me pge is minimum 1 year out for a transformer on the project, so those evgo chargers probably wont be open till q3 2024.
assuming they are that far behind demand for transformers, our hopes for any charging station in the united states is basically 1 year from start of install. since this one was first found in march 2022 hopefully it will be ready soon...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DoItDiff
evgo is installing dc fast chargers in the parking lot at livermore on vasco road and i talked to the guy in charge of installing them.
he told me pge is minimum 1 year out for a transformer on the project, so those evgo chargers probably wont be open till q3 2024.
assuming they are that far behind demand for transformers, our hopes for any charging station in the united states is basically 1 year from start of install. since this one was first found in march 2022 hopefully it will be ready soon...
It is one year if they put an order in with PG&E today. Hopefully these companies are putting requests in at the time of applying for permits or even before, just to get on the list. And depending on how the manufacturers allocate transformers, PG&E might have just as much clout as smaller utilities so while PG&E might get 10 a month for 75% of CA, Pacofic Power here in the PNW might also get 10 a month so they won’t have as much backlog because they aren’t building as many sites. There are other demands like large construction projects that big cities would have whereas smaller cities would only need these types of transformers for charger installations.

Reactions: bmah and 1100MCM
I have been there the last two times and someone was plugged in. This time I took the opportunity to plug into every other stall just to be sure it wasn't live somewhere.

4A7F60AF-9108-490B-9E58-F08CA8F9C623_1_105_c.jpeg

It's the same stall I saw plugged in previously so if it is accidentally live people are benefiting from it, but it could just be this is some numb nuts plugging in and assuming it would charge while they shop despite most of the posts and switch equipment being bagged still.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
I have been there the last two times and someone was plugged in. This time I took the opportunity to plug into every other stall just to be sure it wasn't live somewhere.

View attachment 963367

It's the same stall I saw plugged in previously so if it is accidentally live people are benefiting from it, but it could just be this is some numb nuts plugging in and assuming it would charge while they shop despite most of the posts and switch equipment being bagged still.

Weird. Think it’s the same person plugged in all the times?

Bruce.

View attachment 963367

You are more determined than me. I drove by this weekend and saw the covers still on the boxes and kept going. I really wonder what the hang up is.