Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Dublin Boulevard (LIVE 29 Oct 2021, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged here twice so far. Never get more than 72Kw. This includes trying 3 different stalls, not being parked with anyone next to me, including when only a few others total were at the site, and when my battery was ~10%. I haven't tried the stalls that are standing 'alone' yet but it's a bit concerning. Wonder if anyone else has gotten higher than 72Kw?

Charged here twice so far. Never get more than 72Kw. This includes trying 3 different stalls, not being parked with anyone next to me, including when only a few others total were at the site, and when my battery was ~10%. I haven't tried the stalls that are standing 'alone' yet but it's a bit concerning. Wonder if anyone else has gotten higher than 72Kw?
I have gotten into the 90 Kw range charging there on the last leg of a trip. It was late and we were the only car there.

One of the worst designed supercharger I've been to. They have 8 in one spot where people lined up, 1 on the other side, and 1 off by the charge point chargers. Someone got lucky and took the one on the other side without waiting.

20211219_150221-01.jpeg

Attachments

• 20211219_150221-01.jpeg
    20211219_150221-01.jpeg
    503.5 KB · Views: 89
One of the worst designed supercharger I've been to. They have 8 in one spot where people lined up, 1 on the other side, and 1 off by the charge point chargers. Someone got lucky and took the one on the other side without waiting.
That's because there were originally more stalls in a second row, but they had to remove them. You can read about it if you go through the older posts in this thread.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
For some reason, Tesla now lists this supercharger with a max of 250kW. Anyone know of a V3 upgrade happening here?
Given that they had to remove a bunch of the originally installed posts due to limited available power at this site, I doubt that's the case. IMO, it's more likely that Tesla just mis-entered some data in their system and it will be changed back when they realize their error.

Reactions: bmah
So due to the construction delays (I remember making fun of the delays here like it would never actually open) I think this is officially the LAST 150kW v2 Supercharger built
Tesla still builds V2 locations overseas on occasion. For North America, we have to see what happens in Olema, CA. That one was originally permitted for V2 and has taken a few years to get approvals from jurisdictions where it's not clear they'd allow a simple swap of the originally planned V2 equipment for V3 stuff. Construction may have started there recently, so we might know soon.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
444 days in construction. Is this a record? I'll check in on this charger again in 111 days.
I forgot to follow up on this message. I didn't realize how short a time 111 days was.

I can't seem to find where on Supercharge.info I got that number. There is the Charts page, probably there when it was still under construction. Oddly they don't keep the status online of how long each step in each charger took to complete, just the active Permits and Construction length.

Going back in this thread it appears this site took 883 days to complete once construction started. At the time when it was 444 days it was the longest in the world, but now years later there are some in the chart well over 1000 days in construction.

Tesla still builds V2 locations overseas on occasion. For North America, we have to see what happens in Olema, CA. That one was originally permitted for V2 and has taken a few years to get approvals from jurisdictions where it's not clear they'd allow a simple swap of the originally planned V2 equipment for V3 stuff. Construction may have started there recently, so we might know soon.
Construction has started at Olema but no picture of equipment other than the concrete pedestal bases. It will be interesting to see.

Not urgent, but it looks like the map pin on supercharge.info for this site isn't quite in the right place...I think it needs to go towards the south end of the parking lot, next to the corner of Target. (The photo attached to post #164 above sorta shows this.)

Bruce.

EDIT: Approximate coordinates 37°42'07.6"N 121°51'10.6"W

1708736502368.png

Not urgent, but it looks like the map pin on supercharge.info for this site isn't quite in the right place...I think it needs to go towards the south end of the parking lot, next to the corner of Target. (The photo attached to post #164 above sorta shows this.)

Bruce.

EDIT: Approximate coordinates 37°42'07.6"N 121°51'10.6"W

View attachment 1021269
Easy to spot on google
1708751905663.png