Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Dublin Boulevard (LIVE 29 Oct 2021, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one is an odd ball. It clearly looks (and feels) abandoned. It's also weird that it's a v2, when the SC across the freeway is an Urban. It was also one of the last v2 projects to start before all new projects switched to v3.

I think until, and if traffic, picks up on 580 this site will stay unfinished. There are already 3 other operational locations with over 40 stalls within 4 miles of this location. These days I can roll up to one of those locations in the mid-morning and be the only car charging.

Saw this at the other Dublin supercharger
upload_2020-9-15_15-53-20.png

Last edited by a moderator:
After visiting this site every so often, the transformer is still missing and the shipping container that was there is gone. I have to wonder if there is a larger PG&E issues with this shopping center. Perhaps they are at capacity and the landlord or property owner isn't cooperating or they need more construction required to bring in more power and its just not a priority for PG&E, Tesla or the landlord at this time.

It seems supercharger builds hardly follow a pattern or logic. There’s some that just appear out of nowhere and next thing you know they’re open. Others like this one are “just about there” for literally years.

As an example, I talked to a utility contact yesterday about a site (elsewhere in California) that Tesla got a permit for 2 years ago. He said early on the Tesla rep would pester him almost weekly wanting the utility to give the ok to start building when it wasn’t up to the utility. Flash back to 2 years later (now) and the project is still held up while Tesla is dealing with Target (the proposed site owner) and whomever handles the land easements for them at that specific location. About the only silver lining is that Tesla is far from giving up: once it gets resolved they will build regardless of how long it has taken to get there.

I think it goes to show that there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes which too few people know about or we’re just not privy too.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I wonder if Tesla gave up on this site as it’s not even on their new Supercharger map:

Find Us | Tesla

I don't think this specific site was ever called out on the map. There is a pin on the map at the center of Dublin, which may or may not correspond to this location.

(see item S2 in California Supercharger Locations FAQ)

Bruce.

EDIT: I swung by this place this past Saturday. No real changes, except amusingly someone parked their Model 3 at one of the Supercharger stalls.

Well this is certainly interesting. Most of the pedestals that were on the north side (away from the freeway) have been removed. The only one left is the one closest to Target. Sometime in the past two weeks or so.

39CD9112-8CFB-41D3-AA91-3955A2539E98.jpeg

All of the pedestals in the south side (other side of the bushes) are still there. No sign of a transformer but that doesn’t surprise anyone here right?

Bruce.