Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - East Palo Alto, CA (LIVE 30 Jun 2018, 20 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the map! @BlueShift
15304941297095017645135857342199.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset and Chuq
This site is no longer on the car map screen. Not sure why. Seems like the car screen status isn't very accurate anyway. I'm currently at San Mateo target and there's only one other car and yet the screen shows only 4 stalls available.

Interesting. I guess they are still testing the reliability of the local utility power and/or the site hardware. The site is not shown as operational on Tesla’s website, see
Find Us | Tesla

I used it this morning and it seemed to work fine.
Just happened to need to pick up something at Home Depot, didn't really check how much charge I got.
It was not on the map in the car, and I was the lone car.

This is great news. On occasion we are up in that area and nice to know it's there and up and running now. Kind of looks like the parking lot area for the Superchargers are off to the side so hopefully will just get used by Tesla's needing a charge.

First time at this Supercharger. For some reason thought it was in the Ikea parking lot instead of across the street from Ikea. Parked in last charging row right across from Taco Bell. Really short walking distance for a drink/food or restroom use. McDonalds on the other side of the chargers. Everything else is a bit of a walk if you want to head to Target or Home Depot. Maybe half full now. Only 3 Model 3s. Kind of expected to see more.

First time also at an urban charger too. Our rate seems to hover at 70kW.

Last edited:
BTW while charging here today I was surprised after our car had finished charging and handle was removed, my husband was getting something from our frunk before leaving and I heard a noise. Our charging screen which was still displayed said "Charging Port Open". Closed it on the screen from inside the car and it happened a second time. Husband was aware that when someone nearby depresses the charging handle button I guess, all of the closed charge port doors in Teslas nearby will open. Kind of remember someone saying something like this happening to them in a Tesla service center parking lot but never experienced it before first hand. Weird too because we have been at a number of Superchargers in the past year and never had this happen that I can recall.

BTW while charging here today I was surprised after our car had finished charging and handle was removed, my husband was getting something from our frunk before leaving and I heard a noise. Our charging screen which was still displayed said "Charging Port Open". Closed it on the screen from inside the car and it happened a second time. Husband was aware that when someone nearby depresses the charging handle button I guess, all of the closed charge port doors in Teslas nearby will open. Kind of remember someone saying something like this happening to them in a Tesla service center parking lot but never experienced it before first hand. Weird too because we have been at a number of Superchargers in the past year and never had this happen that I can recall.

As long as the car is unlocked, in Park, port is closed, and it receives the port-open RF signal from any nearby handle, it's going to open the charge port.

But your sig indicates that you have newer vehicles with auto-close charge ports. Just drive and the port will close.

Reactions: SMAlset
I was there last night, and the parking lot was fenced off for some kind of construction right next to the existing charging slots. Please see the picture on post #43 of this thread for reference:

- there are 5 white transformers on the foreground left of this picture.
- then there is the dark grey concrete area where the 20 current stalls are.
- then, separated by a parking lot aisle, in the right background of the picture are 5 additional transformers.
- The construction area is directly adjacent to those 5 transformers in the right background.

Has anyone heard of this charging station being expanded? How many charging slots can each transformer support, was it perhaps built with extra capacity in mind?