Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - El Centro, CA - Wake Ave (LIVE 22 May 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new 8-stall Supercharger is coming soon to Sushi Park at 330 Wake Avenue. I filed a public records request with the city and they told me a new permit is ready to be issued at this address. Another charger is coming to the Motel 6 on Smoketree, if that interests anyone 😉

El Centro.jpg

A new 8-stall Supercharger is coming soon to Sushi Park at 330 Wake Avenue. I filed a public records request with the city and they told me a new permit is ready to be issued at this address. Another charger is coming to the Motel 6 on Smoketree, if that interests anyone 😉

View attachment 736150
Only 8 stalls? This site will be way more popular than the other - I see In-n-Out, Starbucks, the Habit and Panera (all good places to eat) next next door...

Has anyone been by either of these sites in the last month since the permit was issued? Is there any construction activity to report? Hoping this will be operational by March for a Phx to SD trip. Also, it seems like the motel 6 stalls are likely not Tesla specific. Perhaps Electrify America or Chargepoints? It would be odd to have two new Tesla installs right across the interstate from each other, right? It isn't like there is a shortage of space in that area....

I believe 8 stalls is enough thanks to the benefits of v3. The current v2 is enough and it’s not much larger and suffers the limits of v2.

Excited for this to open up! I could go Tucson to San Diego completely on v3!
Short term I think the 8 V3 stalls would suffice due to the quicker turnover and no sharing of power. I've encountered a pretty full stop in El Centro a couple of times, but it was a Sunday afternoon and the speeds were pretty slow, so charging sessions weren't very quick.

Short term I think the 8 V3 stalls would suffice due to the quicker turnover and no sharing of power. I've encountered a pretty full stop in El Centro a couple of times, but it was a Sunday afternoon and the speeds were pretty slow, so charging sessions weren't very quick.
V3s are a big time saver - on a recent road trip I happened to have two identical charges from 8-72% one on a V2 where I was paired up for 15 minutes and another on a V3.

The V3 charge took 18 minutes to go from 8-72% - the V2 charge after 18 minutes was only at 43% and took another 10 minutes to get to 72% - 28 minutes total.

A V3 can improve throughput by 50% which is huge especially when sites are busy.

From the looks of that in-screen nav shot, it appears to be located between the somewhat new Panera and Sushi Park, and behind Habit Burger. A short <5 min walk to Starbucks, In/Out Burger, Panda Express. All of these should provide better bathroom options than the older supercharger site at the mall. This 8 stall V3 should provide better charging throughput than the older site that has more than 8, but slower/shared stalls.

Reactions: Big Ike and tmoz
From the looks of that in-screen nav shot, it appears to be located between the somewhat new Panera and Sushi Park, and behind Habit Burger. A short <5 min walk to Starbucks, In/Out Burger, Panda Express. All of these should provide better bathroom options than the older supercharger site at the mall. This 8 stall V3 should provide better charging throughput than the older site that has more than 8, but slower/shared stalls.
That bathroom in the mall was really far, especially for an older male like me, who has to watch his water intake on trips.