Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - El Cerrito, CA (LIVE 3 Jul 2020, 14 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: This post, plus two later posts, were merged in from a different thread in another forum.

Looks like a new bank of super chargers are almost ready to operate at el cerrito plaza. Really nice to get stations nearby for our neighbors without charging at home

Last edited by a moderator:
El Cerrito Plaza Urban Charger needs some love o_O

IMG_1067.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Sometime around 2:46AM this morning, my data logger started seeing an entry for this Supercharger (albeit with 0/0 stalls available). Haven't been out to my car yet to see what the Nav says about it, but I'm expecting it's "Temporary Closure" or something like that.

One could see this as a sign of impending opening, but remember the Oakland (Hegenberger Rd) Supercharger was in this state for weeks before people were actually able to charge there. So...???...

Bruce.

EDIT: It’s on the Nav as “temporary closure”. Same for Modesto and Santa Cruz.

Last edited:
Sometime around 2:46AM this morning, my data logger started seeing an entry for this Supercharger (albeit with 0/0 stalls available). Haven't been out to my car yet to see what the Nav says about it, but I'm expecting it's "Temporary Closure" or something like that.

One could see this as a sign of impending opening, but remember the Oakland (Hegenberger Rd) Supercharger was in this state for weeks before people were actually able to charge there. So...???...

Bruce.

EDIT: It’s on the Nav as “temporary closure”. Same for Modesto and Santa Cruz.

Checked the location this morning and not open yet.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
Reactions: PedramGh
I think the power to be the only Tesla guy in a specific neighborhood vanish during the first year of the Model 3, likely that's why I was in such a big hurry. I wasn't the first on the island, but I was the first on my side of the island, and up until they opened the Supercharger across the street I didn't see that many Teslas in Alameda. Now my neighbor 4 down has one, his neighbor has an X, in fact, the map of nearby Tesla is huge now. I even see them driving up to our cabin.

The Model Y came on so fast you don't get any real time to bask in the glory of your purchase.

Reactions: PedramGh
I think the power to be the only Tesla guy in a specific neighborhood vanish during the first year of the Model 3, likely that's why I was in such a big hurry. I wasn't the first on the island, but I was the first on my side of the island, and up until they opened the Supercharger across the street I didn't see that many Teslas in Alameda. Now my neighbor 4 down has one, his neighbor has an X, in fact, the map of nearby Tesla is huge now. I even see them driving up to our cabin.

The Model Y came on so fast you don't get any real time to bask in the glory of your purchase.

Well people like you Randy have been such an influence to a lot of other people. I know at least me and Sanjeet decided to buy ours after you bought yours. It’s the power of word of mouth for a good product that made Tesla independent from power of Advertisement.

• Love
Reactions: israndy