Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellsworth, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can also see pallets with some concrete blocks.
Maybe those are going to be how they'll do the bases for electrical hardware, with pieces rather than large slabs.
Behind the stalls, the ground slopes away rapidly, so they might have to build things up.
Those blocks are likely either to build an enclosure for the electrical hardware or for a small retaining wall in the sloped section you mentioned.

Was passing through Ellsworth yesterday so stopped to check the status. Not much change. There was a digger there that was tearing up the ground just east of the pedestals (it was lunch time and I assume the worker was off eating somewhere).

Attachments

• Ellsworth-SC.jpg
    Ellsworth-SC.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 158
Was passing through Ellsworth yesterday so stopped to check the status. Not much change. There was a digger there that was tearing up the ground just east of the pedestals (it was lunch time and I assume the worker was off eating somewhere).
To be honest, that's not much different to how the excavation was when I took my photos last Sunday. Maybe they've torn up more ground.
Bricks are still on the pallets.
I wish I'd have taken a bunch more photos.

Reactions: kayak1
And a few more pictures.
A few pieces of pipe, patch of ground where it appears they removed a bush, and some of the ground markings.

Given the lack of progress, Gwgan being a lot closer to Ellsworth than me, and the impending winter, that'll be my last trip to take pictures in Ellsworth.

I also double-checked the Belfast Hannaford, and I looked at the Camden Hannaford as well.
No signs of any construction at either of those, but it looks like the Camden Hannaford shouldn't have any trouble hosting either.

Attachments

• 20211121_143744.jpg
    20211121_143744.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
  • 20211121_143733.jpg
    20211121_143733.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • 20211121_143645.jpg
    20211121_143645.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Gwgan's pictures mean I needn't have bothered, but I least I got to Uncle Willy's in Camden and got myself some licorice. (Their selection beats anywhere else I've been in Maine).

The Ellsworth construction seems to have completely stalled since I last checked it.

View attachment 735840View attachment 735841View attachment 735842View attachment 735843View attachment 735844View attachment 735845View attachment 735846View attachment 735847View attachment 735848View attachment 735849
The crew working this project is from Rhode Island. Based on past history, they are likely going up to Ellsworth for a week of work and returning to RI for the weekend. It's possible they make a decision on going up for the following week (or not) based on weather and/or possibly working or wrapping up other projects. So I guess it's not surprising to see a week of no progress if/when that's observed. The Seekonk, MA supercharger made some great progress this past week - it's possible they had both crews there at the same time. It's even possible they've started construction at another site in New England that we've not yet had eyes on....

Damn it! I checked for any new posts and of course you hadn't posted yet so I decided that I'd go for a drive to check on (the lack of) progress.

Thank you for going!
Sorry about that. Limited data plan and could not get in the wifi at Hannaford so posted when I got home.
I can visit weekly or so but not likely to see progress this holiday week and the next week I’m headed in the other direction. I’ll try to check in early next week to see if they are here working.

The crew working this project is from Rhode Island. Based on past history, they are likely going up to Ellsworth for a week of work and returning to RI for the weekend. It's possible they make a decision on going up for the following week (or not) based on weather and/or possibly working or wrapping up other projects. So I guess it's not surprising to see a week of no progress if/when that's observed. The Seekonk, MA supercharger made some great progress this past week - it's possible they had both crews there at the same time. It's even possible they've started construction at another site in New England that we've not yet had eyes on....
The intrigue!!! This is great. MA had 5 chargers when I got my car in 2017. Now the weakest point is the northern Berkshires. Love the progress.

Reactions: kayak1
The intrigue!!! This is great. MA had 5 chargers when I got my car in 2017. Now the weakest point is the northern Berkshires. Love the progress.
Agreed. I purchased my Model S in 2018 when Maine only had 3 stations. My first trip to Lubec did give me range anxiety, as did my first winter trip to Bethel. I’ve not had range anxiety in a while and things just keep getting better every year.