Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Emeryville, CA - Shellmound St. (LIVE 20 Nov 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V3 for sure !!!

I counted 12 stalls, which make sense with the 3 cabinets of 1 MW, but why such gap with the last stall on the very left?
May be some future plan for adding more stalls, or for ADA access?

Or may be the building was designed with a back door access, which is currently covered, but there is still a sign on the wall,
and the landlord still want to keep loading access in case a shop might need it in the future?

Yes that separate one is ADA Access

Looking better, though I don't see a transformer:

IMG_2144.jpeg
IMG_2145.jpeg
IMG_2146.jpeg
IMG_2147.jpeg

You don’t think it’ll be ChargePoint or other L2 service? Seems to be what most new installs have. Some type of J1772 option. Just says EV parking only at the end, not Tesla specific. Also interesting to see 30 min general parking on the signs. What is Tesla General Parking? Are they saying there is a 30 min Supercharging Limit?

Also, from Randy’s post on 10/14 it looks like there will be 2 L2 stations, one next to the ADA spot and the one you pictured based on the electrical stubs in the pictures.

You don’t think it’ll be ChargePoint or other L2 service? Seems to be what most new installs have. Some type of J1772 option. Just says EV parking only at the end, not Tesla specific. Also interesting to see 30 min general parking on the signs. What is Tesla General Parking? Are they saying there is a 30 min Supercharging Limit?

Also, from Randy’s post on 10/14 it looks like there will be 2 L2 stations, one next to the ADA spot and the one you pictured based on the electrical stubs in the pictures.

Tesla has tried to build a good relationship with community and has often installed wall charger with J1772 connector close to their super chargers. There is a similar setup in Richmond Supercharger that I often go and charge my car. This spot is in a busy area and will attract more traffic from Tesla owners. I believe this is Tesla’s treat in return.
fun fact is that opposite this station, there is a Level 2 EVGo station that technically becomes useless.

Reactions: rrosenbl
Assuming that the charger is Tesla Destination and NOT a J1772 the EVGo Level 2 will still be useful.

I spent the night on my drive from Seattle this week at the new Vancouver Mall Supercharger that had 6 Destination chargers at the end of the run. It only charged at 26 amps, but it kept me warm on a below-freezing night and Mostly filled the battery while I caught some Zs. The downside of all the mall-based V3 Superchargers is that it only takes 15 minutes, not enough time to check-out after shopping, but too long to just sit there. Having a place to plug in while you shop is a great option. I saw another couple drop off their 100D and then walk home. There was a Security Jeep watching all night so probably a good place to do that too.

Reactions: rrosenbl
  • Visited the site.
  • 8 out of 12 stalls were powered on.
  • I saw the engineer on site who said he just finished the task and they need to commission the stalls.
  • We tested the stalls to see if they activate. Neither lit on nor off units couldn't activate.
  • Last minute I noticed two destination chargers are installed as well. They had Tesla Plug and volt was 230V - 48A.
  • I plugged in and it started charging my car.
  • Not sure if they keep this plug (it’s just installed right now) or they will change it to J1772 but I truly hope they stay with Tesla plugs.
  • (I used bullet points because last week I have filed 100 Jira tickets - #wfhlife)
BF72C649-2BFC-4952-939E-8E1F0889D0C7.jpeg

F3615409-E432-4023-897F-6178633CA1FE.jpeg

415FAE93-FE22-409D-B315-EEC0F70FDD07.jpeg

EB245D2D-8179-4689-B9A0-01047ACF8C5F.jpeg

5B954FC1-6307-4E88-BE16-20D75524F611.jpeg

BD8DFF1E-DD2F-4E20-8D00-9F3F82BBA31C.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Visited the site
  • 8 out of 12 stalls were powered on
  • I saw the engineer on site who said he just finished the task and they need to commission the stalls
  • We tested the stalls to see if they activate. Neither lit on or off units could not activate
I liked the part where you were helping the technician test the stalls. :):):)

Bruce.