Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Encinitas, CA - Encinitas Blvd (under construction Oct 2023, 8 V3 stalls and service center)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So went by there around 1pm. Dead as a doornail. Site might as well be abandoned.
Yeah, I go by somewhat regularly, it hasn't changed recently from what I can tell except for the Supercharger getting it's transformer installed.

It's been at least month since there's been any significant changes that I can recall, if not longer.

If Tesla for some crazy reason decides to not open this location, I think that will hurt sales in the area. Not a good look to abruptly change growth plans.

Yeah, I go by somewhat regularly, it hasn't changed recently from what I can tell except for the Supercharger getting it's transformer installed.

It's been at least month since there's been any significant changes that I can recall, if not longer.

If Tesla for some crazy reason decides to not open this location, I think that will hurt sales in the area. Not a good look to abruptly change growth plans.
I know. Sigh. Elon seems to think that there will always been more customers regardless of Teslas image. I’m not going to outright criticize him since he’s the one running a giant successful corporation but geez sometimes I gotta wonder.

I really do hope they eventually open it - tons of Teslas in the area, lots of traffic on this road and splits the difference in distance between Carlsbad and San Diego locations.

I think the next area to look for for a service center would be further south in the San Diego or Chula Vista area. Could see one in the Poway area, too.

I could be imagining things, but I passed by over the weekend and noticed quite a few boxes in what I believe will be the sales area, that I don't believe were there in weeks past.

Could be a sign that they are still planning on opening this location (eventually). I mean, if nothing else, they should open up the Supercharger since it looks ready to go.

I could be imagining things, but I passed by over the weekend and noticed quite a few boxes in what I believe will be the sales area, that I don't believe were there in weeks past.

Could be a sign that they are still planning on opening this location (eventually). I mean, if nothing else, they should open up the Supercharger since it looks ready to go.
Yes, the supercharger has been ready to go (it seems) since SDG&E installed the transformer April 28th, but that was about the same time the Supercharger team got canned, so probably collateral damage there. So maybe 40 days late and counting on the site opening.

I did notice a huge new temporary storage box in the same parking lot as the bottom 6 superchargers last week, so maybe they are finalizing the sales/service center which has been seemingly dormant for a couple of months.

Went by today and they had taken down construction fencing for the bottom (and top) parking lots so I drove in and tried the Supercharger. Not turned on yet.

However they had various contractors working there. I took a photo of the service customer lounge through the window.

Should be close to opening.
IMG_6675.jpeg

IMG_6674.jpeg

I passed by on Monday afternoon and the place was busy - multiple work trucks in the lot, only 2 Teslas that I noticed by the upper 2 Superchargers were there and it looked like work was being done to set up the shop areas.

Also a car carrier was parked in the middle of Encinitas Blvd out in front where they used to frequently load/unload BMWs, but maybe only one Tesla on it at most? Just drove by and hard to look in both directions at the same time...

So perhaps they are making a rush to get this ready to open by the end of the month...

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Went by there today on Friday. Saw a pest control truck leaving, so that's a good sign that they are likely getting the finishing touches done. Superchargers still look like they aren't turned on. Saw 8 Teslas parked on the lower lower lot (big parking lot used for car inventory), along with 6 or so on the ramp down to it, most had license plates so these are likely employee cars, or mobile service cars.

But look what I found in this picture of the lower lower lot tucked in behind the main building: 4 hidden Supercharger stalls! I guess these will be used for new car fulfillment to charge up cars before sale and/or servicing and/or for mobile service vehicles.
IMG_6693.JPG

Last edited:
The Tesla Encinitas Sales and Service center is open as of today, June 24th! Met a nice employee there who was showing customers the models and doing test drives. The service center already serviced about 30 vehicles. While the destination chargers are now working, he told me the Superchargers will be about another 2 weeks before they are open.