Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Escanaba, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you please post a picture of this area? Online satellite images still show the building under construction (or woods, according to Google).

Here: HERE WeGo

ZpxjYuH.jpg

Reactions: Big Earl
Here's a screenshot from HERE WeGo similar to @scottf200's but I have put a red circle around the transformers and smoke shelters. I also put a clue circle and and lines showing the view angle of a photo I took. I didn't take any other photos since I didn't see any other signs of progress but I have placed a green circle around an area that might be a likely location for the chargers.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 10.53.55 AM.png

ORG_DSC04496-reduced.jpg

Here's a screenshot from HERE WeGo similar to @scottf200's but I have put a red circle around the transformers and smoke shelters. I also put a clue circle and and lines showing the view angle of a photo I took. I didn't take any other photos since I didn't see any other signs of progress but I have placed a green circle around an area that might be a likely location for the chargers.
That would be a similar Layout to the existing Meijer in Lafayette, IN that I occasionally go thru.
G0nnjrK.jpg

A friend of a friend works at this Meijer am going to see if I can get any info there.

On a separate but related note who among us did I see just north of Baraga today was a silver model S. I was driving an RV so I am sure I went unnoticed.
I want to take my P85 up there but the home I am visiting I can't see a safe way to add charging electrical system is old and cobbled.
Wondering what others have done when traveling past Houghton. Would gladly pay for charging access.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
A friend of a friend works at this Meijer am going to see if I can get any info there.

On a separate but related note who among us did I see just north of Baraga today was a silver model S. I was driving an RV so I am sure I went unnoticed.
I want to take my P85 up there but the home I am visiting I can't see a safe way to add charging electrical system is old and cobbled.
Wondering what others have done when traveling past Houghton. Would gladly pay for charging access.
Silver Model S with the original nosecone? Did you catch the license plate? It might have been me. I was driving from Iron River to Houghton on Wednesday.

Here’s a photo of us charging at the public charger in downtown Houghton:
0E683351-7889-4C01-86F1-3D581F26961D.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow that’s low. I figure once the Esky chargers are installed, I won’t have to top off in Green Bay on my way from Chicago.

Yeah, we were lucky that we could use the in-law's vehicles while traversing Da U.P. because without the Esky charger it is a bit infeasible to travel across in a reasonable amount of time at present. With that charge rate we were able to fill up between Saturday and Wednesday from which we traveled to Houghton and charged at the garage before heading for Wausau with a brief layover in Three Lakes to support their business for installing some wonderful 20 kW chargers. Tesla lists Three Lakes as 16 kW online but I pulled a full 20 kW with the classic dual chargers.

Any news on Escanaba SC? It would make my trip from home in Minneapolis to cottage near Indian River doable entirely by SC, without an overnight at the Comfort Inn in Escanaba, so I'm anxiously awaiting an update. I've got a MS 90D with 290+ miles of range but it's too close to make if from Green Bay (285 miles according to Google Maps).

Any news on Escanaba SC? It would make my trip from home in Minneapolis to cottage near Indian River doable entirely by SC, without an overnight at the Comfort Inn in Escanaba, so I'm anxiously awaiting an update. I've got a MS 90D with 290+ miles of range but it's too close to make if from Green Bay (285 miles according to Google Maps).

Ditto. Except I'm going on to Canada. And I've only got an 85 RWD.

Any updates?

Well, I made it all the way across the UP in one charge...!

I was in Traverse City for a few days last week and I decided I would go home driving around Lake Michigan. I drove from TC to Gaylord and charged at Gaylord then headed up to Mackinaw City and charged in the Marina parking lot for a couple hours to put back the range I used getting to Gaylord. I eventually got tired of waiting as the Marina charger is on the slow side (only 32 amps if I recall correctly) so I headed out with 262 miles of range in my 90D and figured if I needed to I would stop at the hotel. However, I didn't need to. The math was looking good and traffic was mostly going slow anyway (with the rain and construction detours and the single lane and such). There are also many places along Highway 2 where you have to slow down as you drive through small towns. I think I ended up only averaging a little over 50MPH on a 258 mile leg....so that was almost 5 straight hours of driving...but I pulled in to Howard, WI with 14 miles of range left in the car. I don't recommend this for the faint of heart...but it can be done...even w/o a full charge. As you can see, I only used 66.9kWh.

upload_2018-8-29_15-42-1.png