Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jackson, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction on a 12-stall location started at the Airport Road Meijer about a week ago according to someone I know in the area. I stopped by today and took a couple of photos:

IMG_5723.jpg

IMG_5725.jpg

The plugs were the normal Tesla variety; there did not seem to be any support for CCS. From what I can tell, it seems like they're mostly waiting for Consumers Energy.

Address:
Meijer
2777 Airport Rd.
Jackson, MI 49202

Lat: 42° 16' 11" N
Lon: 84° 27' 00" W

They are located at the south side of the parking lot. The chances of getting ICEd are very low. It'll be a reasonable walk to the restroom in the store. There's a Taco Bell and a couple of other places within about a 3-minute brisk walk, and there are a few drive-throughs nearby. It is pretty far walk to the Meijer gas station and the McDonald's, so I don't think too many people will want to walk there unless they're having a long charging session and it's a warm day.

In the winter, this site will get quite windy and cold. On the plus side, it will be pretty quick on and off I-94. It's also located just off one of the landing approaches to the local general aviation airport, so plane spotters might have some fun.

@Big Earl @Chuq @tes-s

Jackson, MI

Host Type: Grocery Store
Host: Meijer
Along Primary Interstates: I-94
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-127
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-94

To: Ann Arbor, MI (v2) - 38.8 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Ypsilanti, MI - 43.6 miles

US-127

To: Lansing - S Pennsylvania Ave, MI - 34.2 miles
Diversion: 3.6 miles
To: Lansing, MI (v2) - 38.2 miles

Filling up I-94 Michigan. Also adding to US-127.

Reactions: Kewmpie1
Didn't need the charge as I had just charged at the new Battle Creek SC but stopped by on latest Chicago to Detroit suburbs trip to see if any progress. NONE and so no picture! Quick on/off so will be good for a top off before entering the near northwest suburb desert. Nice to at least have the Detroit one but I lived an a flat that used to be on the property and it's no safer now. A security van circles around Detroit SC about every 10 minutes after dark. Years ago Tesla said they were applying for a Royal Oak permit; RO had info. Sigh...

any updates on this Jackson location (from anyone that has been by the site recently) ?
I am making a trip from Cleveland to Albion in a couple weeks ... and it would make things much simpler if I was able to charge here.
Tesla says Q3 2023 ... my trip is basically the last few days of Q3.

Still waiting on a transformer. The enclosure for the power distribution cabinets suffered some damage. Possibly from wind?

This site will still be awhile before it is online.

View attachment 974104View attachment 974105

Still waiting on a transformer. The enclosure for the power distribution cabinets suffered some damage. Possibly from wind?

This site will still be awhile before it is online.

View attachment 974104View attachment 974105
From Sunday night (10/8/23):

I live in Jackson as well and stop by every few days to see if they are up and running. I have had my '21 MYP for about 3 weeks and have been dragging along using the 3 prong plug to charge
Are you an apartment dweller? I got the Wall Charger two days after taking delivery. I work in Lansing and had to SC at Meijers twice. Not terrible at all, but why more convenient at home. If you need an electrician lmk. I was charged $300 labor plus parts to run from my panel to my garage, about 45 feet.
IMG_8153.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: SilverMonk
How quickly does Supercharger.info update? Is it live?
We update as soon as there is verifiable proof that a location is open. This could be a photo of an active charging session, or a screenshot from the Tesla app, or even a photo of the location being displayed on the in-car navigation.

But, generally we do not mark a location as open just because someone states it is open, we've learned that lesson the hard way a few times through the years.