Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fair Play, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With my "Tesla legal department" comment, I didn't mean to imply that Tesla pushed them out -- they didn't. I meant that Tesla is apparently better at writing contracts that site hosts can't weasel out of after Tesla dumps a pile of money into the site. The utility didn't have that power (ha) apparently.

There are plenty of Tesla SC sites with co-located non-Tesla DCFC. Another example is Peachtree Corners northeast of Atlanta, where they even share a utility transformer.

With my "Tesla legal department" comment, I didn't mean to imply that Tesla pushed them out -- they didn't. I meant that Tesla is apparently better at writing contracts that site hosts can't weasel out of after Tesla dumps a pile of money into the site. The utility didn't have that power (ha) apparently.

There are plenty of Tesla SC sites with co-located non-Tesla DCFC. Another example is Peachtree Corners northeast of Atlanta, where they even share a utility transformer.
Oh, I see. That still leaves me with the question of why the site host would even want to get rid of them? Surely they bring business to the property?

Unless Tesla was charging them a fee (some articles point to a $1/car fee for some hosts, but others argue that never happens), I can't see why it'd be desirable to remove them. Its not like they need the parking spaces.

Oh, I see. That still leaves me with the question of why the site host would even want to get rid of them? Surely they bring business to the property?

Unless Tesla was charging them a fee (some articles point to a $1/car fee for some hosts, but others argue that never happens), I can't see why it'd be desirable to remove them. Its not like they need the parking spaces.

I will be sure to ask the family that runs the restaurant, the next time I am down that way. It wouldn't have been their decision--they lease their space--but maybe they know.

Reactions: ChrisC and jsight
Happened to notice this station was nearly full with 4 stations offline.
IMG_0262.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: jsight and ChrisC
Since this thread got bumped up ... Hey @vanjwilson , did you ever talk to them? Background is here, and my clarification here.

They scaled back to only open for breakfast and lunch on weekdays, and I usually only pass by Fairplay on weekends, so I haven't had a chance to ask them.

We'll be going by tomorrow on the way to visit family in Georgia; maybe they will be open on Saturdays again.

Reactions: ChrisC
They scaled back to only open for breakfast and lunch on weekdays, and I usually only pass by Fairplay on weekends, so I haven't had a chance to ask them.

We'll be going by tomorrow on the way to visit family in Georgia; maybe they will be open on Saturdays again.

Cheryl's Kitchen was still listed as closed and the new supercharger in Commerce, GA, just opened on Friday, so we ended up charging there instead.

Reactions: ChrisC