Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fair Play, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the Fair Play Supercharger even listed on plugshare? Or have I missed up my filters again?
No, it's not really listed yet. There is a "hidden" unofficial listing that will get migrated to the official, fully viewable one once Plugshare's system grabs the relevant data from Tesla's. If you want to see the hidden one, you have set your filters to show restricted wall outlets. This is the method people have developed to get around Plugshare's policy of not showing superchargers that are under construction and not allowing the public to add new supercharger locations (i.e. they only get added via an automatic process that grabs the info from Tesla's system once the location is live).

I charged here this afternoon while traveling from Charlotte to Metro Atlanta. Was so happy to skip Greenville as both the area and the Superchargers there are often congested. Fair Play was not congested at all, easy on and off access. Plugged in with 50 miles remaining, walked to the gas station to use the restroom. After doing so, washing my hands, and walking back to the car roughly 7 minutes had elapsed. In those 7 minutes I added 90 miles of range. Gotta love these V3s!!!

I live in Greenville and the location of the supercharger is in a very good location as far as interstate access, shops, food, etc. However, Woodruff Rd is quite possibly the worst place to be at any time of the day except before 9am and after 9pm. There are some back ways out of there to the interstate but it definitely sucks if you HAVE to go there during a normal time of the day.

Reactions: jsight
Currently only running at 2/3rds capacity (4 stalls closest to the ChargePoint DCFC station down). Looks like the cabinet dropped most of it’s coolant! 😬

0AA778AD-3164-4242-B549-2C6173B22B95.jpeg
34FA8330-04F1-4793-92B6-378C4161BDC1.jpeg

It's the #3 cabinet that's down, so the stations furthest to the right (3A-3D) aren't working.

What are you showing us in the 2nd photo? Focus prevents seeing it ...

The pic above is the top of “cabinet 3” with about half an inch of coolant - the rest was on the ground. The other two are full to the brim - hard to get a good pic but here’s a full one for reference.

4D971078-5D72-422E-AB70-744AEC4B850A.jpeg

6B59088C-21E6-40EA-93A5-38A95DE7A858.jpeg

Sure am glad they put 12 stalls here - 1/3 (cabinet #1 inc trailer station) are down again. Past couple days at least all 12 are functioning in the morning and by afternoon we’re back to 8. Clearly a tech is resetting a breaker (or something) and not fixing the actual problem. Hope the reliability of these stations for I-85 improves!

e3a73ae8-441a-49a4-8469-3f2612cf4dc6-jpeg.718967

Attachments

• E3A73AE8-441A-49A4-8469-3F2612CF4DC6.jpeg
    E3A73AE8-441A-49A4-8469-3F2612CF4DC6.jpeg
    425.7 KB · Views: 272
Charged here both to and from Charlotte this week. Was so nice. I’m very happy this is here now so I don’t have to stop in Greenville. Greenville was on wait status both times thru there for me. So saved me a lot of time.
As someone who lives in Greenville, you don’t want to stop there unless absolutely necessary or if it is early in the day or late at night. It is one of the original SC’s so it’s not in a great spot and traffic is really bad around there during rush hour and on the weekends.

In another thread, somebody asked about the lone Chargepoint DC Fast Charging station that used to be here, installed by the local utility alongside the Tesla stations. Sometime in May 2022 it was removed! Eventually we got this statement from them.

Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative
EV Charging Station Statement June 2022

In July 2021, Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative installed a level-three ChargePoint EV charging station on a business owner's premises at I-85's S.C. Exit 4. The cooperative assumed all costs associated with the unit's installation, servicing, and ownership. Although the charging station experienced a great deal of use, at the request of the business owner, we recently removed the charger. While we were disappointed, Blue Ridge has complied with that request and is now in the process of installing this charger at a new location. In addition to this ChargePoint unit, the cooperative has three, level-two chargers in operation at its Oconee office, its Pickens office, and at the Lakeside Lodge commercial facility on U.S. Highway 123 in Clemson, S.C.

I thought I'd posted it, but I guess not, so here you go.

There's a lot to speculate on here, but I'll limit my own to this: I think Tesla probably has a really good legal department.

Photo by me, late May 2022.
20220527_152133.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: vanjwilson
In another thread, somebody asked about the lone Chargepoint DC Fast Charging station that used to be here, installed by the local utility alongside the Tesla stations. Sometime in May 2022 it was removed! Eventually we got this statement from them.

I thought I'd posted it, but I guess not, so here you go.

There's a lot to speculate on here, but I'll limit my own to this: I think Tesla probably has a really good legal department.

Photo by me, late May 2022.
View attachment 866930
That's bizarre to me. I don't understand why Tesla would care at all about one little charge point like that.