Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Washington, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to stop at the Wawa on Virginia Dr. and I can confirm that this is the correct location for the new superchargers. I saw no transformer yet. But progress is looking good. Great location! :)

IMG_0123.jpeg
IMG_0124.jpeg
IMG_0125.jpeg

Yep, I stop by there today. It seems like it's almost ready. There is a transformer that I saw that is across from the chargers. It had an fence around it (IMG-0223). Not sure if they are getting the feed from there and bring it over to the chargers. There is also an empty concert pad still. Not sure if an other transformer is going there.

Attachments

• IMG-0223.jpg
    IMG-0223.jpg
    965 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG-0222.jpg
    IMG-0222.jpg
    768.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG-0221.jpg
    IMG-0221.jpg
    610.6 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: NobleNoir
The March 6th photo showed an empty pad adjacent to the superchargers and switchgear. This is probably awaiting a transformer for the superchargers, and the other transformer onsite is for the WaWa itself. With the remaining conduit onsite, it's also possible they need still need to run a secondary feed from the transformer onsite to the empty pad for the supercharger transformer. Just guessing here from the photos.

If someone stops by, it would be interesting to get some additional photos or info describing the relationship from the supercharger equipment and empty pad to the other transformer that was/is fenced off.