Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Wayne, IN - Illinois Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a report in the Indiana Tesla Owners Facebook page that a supercharger under construction has been spotted at the Meijer on Illinois Road.

Anyone local to the area that can confirm? I don't see either the Illinois or Dupont Road Meijer locations noted on supercharge.info yet.
Yup

Fort Wayne.jpg

Should there be a separate thread split out for the confirmed Fort Wayne Illinois road location from the yet unconfirmed Fort Wayne North Meijer Dupont Road location? It's being a bit picky, but many would probably not consider I-69 at Illinois road as Fort Wayne "North". Or just wait until either supercharger comes on line and rename to match the confirmed name on Tesla's site and in-car nav?

Fort Wayne - Illinois Rd, IN

Host Type: Supermarket
Host: Meijer
Along Primary Interstates: I-69
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-24, US-30, US-33*
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-69

To: Fort Wayne, IN - 7.3 miles
Diversion: 1.1 miles
To: Angola, IN - 49.5 miles

US-24

Diversion: 1.1 miles
To: Maumee, OH - 103 miles

US-30

Diversion: 9.2 miles
To: North Huntingdon, PA - 340.5 miles

* US-33: although on US-33, the existing Fort Wayne, IN Supercharger is also on US-33, is closer to US-33, and the departure point would be the same, so I don't adjust the distances.

New v3 in Fort Wayne, IN to complement the existing v2.

It is also a pathetic splitter of the 127.3 mile gap on I-69 from Indianapolis, IN to the existing Fort Wayne, IN Supercharger, 121.1 miles from Indianapolis, IN and 7.3 miles to Fort Wayne, IN.

But it is noteworthy in that it reduces the gap below 125 miles, meaning that if known locations are built, Tesla would need only 35 new locations to reduce the maximum gap along Interstates (current and designated future) to less than 125 miles. (Although note that that includes start-to-Supercharger and Supercharger-to-end, so there could be other Interstate-to-Interstate connections that would be 125+ miles).

There is a report on the Indianapolis Tesla Owners facebook group that the charger is live. I'm not close enough to verify it myself, and it doesn't show up in navigation screen yet, but maybe someone local that follows this thread would be able stop by and confirm that it's up.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I'd suggest people keep sentry running if they leave their cars at this site.

I visited here yesterday morning and realized a short time later that the temporary paper license plate was missing from my car. My daughter had opened the trunk before we went into Meijer and it was still there at that time. First noticed the tag missing about 2.5 hours later when arrived Ann Arbor. Given the scraps of paper left under the screw heads, sure seems to me it just didn't fall off, but someone had to of physically ripped it off.

I unfortunately am still getting acclimated to my new 2023 MS LR and didn't have sentry enabled when (was not a function I had on my 2016 AP1 MS). I can't 100% prove it without video, but was the only time I left the car unattended in a public place that morning.

Unfortunately not the first negative experience I had here. Had a situation where my wife was harassed to the point we both felt threatened just walking into the store last fall. Disappointing as it's pretty much a mandatory stop each way any time I go to see my daughter in Ann Arbor.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
@PCMc Thanks for sharing your experiences. My wife and I have used this supercharger a few times without issues, but we will be extra careful in the future. This location is a lot quicker to get on and off I-69 compared to the Lima Rd. supercharger.

GSP

PS. We keep sentry on all the time. Sometimes we exclude "home" or "favorites" to reduce battery drain, but we never turn it off completely.

Reactions: SilverMonk