Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Frederick, MD - Buckeystown Pike

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

New Supercharger coming to Frederick at the Sheetz on Buckeystown Pike. A remodel was recently completed on the Sheetz, and the Superchargers will be built behind the store.

Frederick.jpg

So strange. Walking distance from the FSK location which is never full in my experience. Wish they would expand more in Montgomery county. Rio is always packed and Pike and Rose/RTC are only 72kw. With FSK, this, and Urbana, Frederick is gonna be overkill!

Seems like Tesla is moving away from mall, outlet, and hotel locations in favor of gas stations and highway rest stops.
Rather than tear down the old chargers, they seem to be building second locations nearby. Examples: Hagerstown, Triadelphia, Bartonsville/Tannersville, this, possibly Erie soon.

Interesting, every time I use it there are very few people there. Well if the underground feeder they ran isn't large enough to handle an expansion they can simply move closer to the source. Richmond has two sites facing each other. one V2 and the other V3, unless they have upgraded.
Yeah, I live a couple miles away and cut through there daily and never see more then about 4 cars there. Guess their building for the future.

I stopped by the new Frederick location today. It looked like they're installing wiring and setting up the main electrical cabinets.

The second picture shows the main cabinets, I'm curious about the orange machine on wheels. Looks like it's somehow used for running the cabling through the conduits?

Attachments

• IMG_5827.jpeg
    IMG_5827.jpeg
    985.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5828.jpeg
    IMG_5828.jpeg
    782 KB · Views: 99
I stopped by the new Frederick location today. It looked like they're installing wiring and setting up the main electrical cabinets.

The second picture shows the main cabinets, I'm curious about the orange machine on wheels. Looks like it's somehow used for running the cabling through the conduits?
The Orange machine is a wire puller. A bulk of the time you see the guys pull the feeders in with a backhoe or a Skid steer. Someone properly doing there job for once.