Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fresno, CA (6709 N Riverside, LIVE 10 Jan 2016, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not much to add to Sorka's pictures at noon on Christmas. My mom (96) wanted to go for a little ride after the morning's festivities, so we hopped into the S and drove to the location. I was able to walk around the fenced-off area and peer through the mesh of the tarpaulin. All ten stations are up, and they still have the plastic wrap that covers them. No cables have been connected. Eight of the ten "Tesla Charging Only" signs have been erected. (YAY! None of the ambiguous "30-minute general parking" or 2-hr. general parking 10AM-6PM or the like. These stalls appear to be dedicated to charging Tesla's only.) Two of the spots do not have signs erected yet; instead there are two "Sonotube" concrete cylinders that have been installed. (A quick check of the internet reveals that Sonotubes are pre-cast concrete forms for easier installation of vertical devices--like maybe the lighting standards?)

There is a cement pad (guessing) six by eight feet in area that is adjacent to the charger stacks, so I am assuming that the transformer will be placed thereon. The enclosure for the charger stacks appears to be real close to being completed--it looks really neat, unlike the usual ones made from wood. It is finished on top like a fancy arbor. Maybe Tesla will plant a couple of vines and we can enjoy some grapes while charging in mid-to-late summer. I will volunteer to prune and train the vines!:wink:

It looks very close to completion, but just what remains to be done (short of installing the cables, installing the transformer, and connecting the wires) is unknown to me.

Another real fine job by Tesla, the engineers and the construction crew!

I spoke to the electrician doing final ground installation and he said that Monday, December 28th would be the inspection date for the Fresno SC station. He contemplated maybe another 30 days until it goes live.

IMG_4599.JPG

I drove past quickly today and in it appears the chargers are no longer covered by the plastic. It also appeared that there was some cleanup occurring. No idea about the transformer status as there were too many people wandering around to see much.

I too am glad to see Fresno finally seeing some 'Tesla love'!

Drove by today, New Year's Day, around 4:00 PM. No activity except for what appeared to be a worker packing up some items and placing them into a trailer that was attached to his pick up truck. The dumpster and storage container are still present. It looks like the construction is pret-near complete; perhaps they are awaiting the inspector to sign off on the installation. The dumpster and storage container are still present, as is a small tractor.

Maybe by the end of next week the temporary fence will be removed; we can hope. So, I guess once the construction area is swept and clean we are just awaiting our favorite electrical utility to bring in the transformer.

Happy New Year to all!

Temporary fence has been removed (photos)

teslatwo.JPG
teslathree.JPG
teslasix.JPG
teslaone.JPG
teslafour.JPG
teslafive.JPG

The temporary fence surrounding the Fresno Supercharger is gone. Here are six photographs taken earlier today showing the ten charging stalls, "Tesla Vehicle Charging" sign at all ten slots, the wired pad awaiting the transformer, the interior of the charging enclosure and a view of the charger enclosure. I really like the design of the charging enclosure.

The cables on the pods are not attached. The dumpster, outhouse and the storage container are still present adjacent to the charging stalls.

There is a slight dip in the pavement about two feet away from the curb that is perpendicular to the parking places.

I do not know if the city inspector has signed off on the building permit nor when the transformer will be delivered.

Let's hope this opens in the next couple of weeks!

View attachment 106647View attachment 106648View attachment 106649View attachment 106650View attachment 106651View attachment 106652

The temporary fence surrounding the Fresno Supercharger is gone. Here are six photographs taken earlier today showing the ten charging stalls, "Tesla Vehicle Charging" sign at all ten slots, the wired pad awaiting the transformer, the interior of the charging enclosure and a view of the charger enclosure. I really like the design of the charging enclosure.

The cables on the pods are not attached. The dumpster, outhouse and the storage container are still present adjacent to the charging stalls.

There is a slight dip in the pavement about two feet away from the curb that is perpendicular to the parking places.

I do not know if the city inspector has signed off on the building permit nor when the transformer will be delivered.

Let's hope this opens in the next couple of weeks!

Great photos! thanks. As usual, waiting on Pacific Graft and Extortion.

I hope it's working by February too. I have a Fresno business trip coming up and it would be nice not to be forced to stay in the only hotel in town with a charger. Then again, I haven't stayed there (Best Western Plus across from the mall) and it could actually be a decent option.

If you have the CHAdeMO adapter, there are two free L3s at FSU. That came in handy on my trip to Yosemite from SoCal over the holidays. There are free L2s there too.

There are also paid evGO L3s and L2s at Fashion Fair Mall (this would be the mall across from the Best Western Plus on Shaw Ave.)...this fact was relevant when I had some difficulty with the Fresno State L3s last summer. Lately I've just been destination charging at my parents' house (alas, not an option for anybody else here!)...that's usually enough to get me back to the Manteca supercharger.

Transformer is in place!

jan2.JPG
jan1.JPG
jan3.JPG
jan4.JPG

The transformer has been installed. There is no badge or nameplate. The two stickers shown indicate the weight (6,564 pounds) and the notification that the transformer has a coolant inside. Another sticker (not shown) says the manufacture date was 9/2015. I forget the manufacturer.

Charge cables not in place yet.

I wonder if the city has signed off on the permit. Could that be holding up the installation of the cables?

Anyway, let's hope that this goes live soon for all of you who need this location in your travels!

Here it is as of Thursday night 1/14. Fully painted and signed stalls. No on will ICE these by accident. No cables yet. Who knows what they're waiting for at this point. Should be soon. Happy to see lots of quality retail going in nearby including a Five Guys burger and fries next door.

57E9CB1D-261D-4EE6-8DD4-766F72DC952B_zpsqk0olesm.jpg