Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gainesville, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a difference a day makes, pics from Saturday afternoon 1:30-2pm. Crazy traffic everywhere as it was Florida Days at the University and a host of everything happening in Gainesville last weekend. It appears that even the construction was in motion. Job boxes open and workers not present as it was lunch time. But lots of progress and the Meter can is in, everything else at least mounted to slabs. Did not see a stitch of wire. Perhaps thats been fed through conduits and is in place. I don't think so though, as that seems to be one of the last items. As you can see from the photos even cleaning up a bit.
IMG_8130.JPG
IMG_9350.JPG
IMG_0302.JPG
IMG_2978.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: TiggerTime
Who's shadow on the can? At first I thought it was peeling paint. I like it showing "current status" thumbs down. Very good.

Now, if someone just stick your fingers across those terminals then we could all get a charge. The current passes right through, you'll never feel a thing. Not advisable though.

• Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP
Who's shadow on the can? At first I thought it was peeling paint. I like it showing "current status" thumbs down. Very good.

Now, if someone just stick your fingers across those terminals then we could all get a charge. The current passes right through, you'll never feel a thing. Not advisable though.
We can thank Ralph for the photo. I know that this part of the construction is like watching paint dry.

Larry

Reactions: Oldschool496
It's still not on as of tonight. When I stopped at Lake City I happened across the Tesla tech who was replacing some charge cables there. He told me he would be in Gainesville tomorrow to do the pre-commissioning of the site. He explained that just because the meter is in does not mean the Utility has connected the power yet. So you could still be waiting on that to happen. He won't know till he gets there tomorrow and checks it out.

Those where the panels off the backs of the stalls. I was by there at lunch time and they had all the backs off of the stalls.

The red Tesla was the works car was parked between the stalls and the power substation prior to the 2nd picture which was after they moved the cones.

I'll swing by tonight after work and see if they brought it online if someone else hasn't beat me to it before 11pm.

• Helpful
Reactions: Larry Chanin
Those where the panels off the backs of the stalls. I was by there at lunch time and they had all the backs off of the stalls.

Yeah, to me those looked to be the LED panels that light up the word "Tesla" on the top of the cabinets. Technically they are inside the back of the top portion of the SC cabinet. There's not much attached to them except a power and a ground connector. Those come out and then all the other electronics are behind them.

I got to see him (same guy) taking them apart (up close) the night before in Lake City. Unfortunately he wouldn't let me take a picture of the insides.... But I did try.

upload_2019-4-17_22-3-26.png

Yep it's online, I got ~100 miles after walking around a bit to see what was open at just before midnight. It's not a v3 supercharger as we all knew. Basically everything close by closed at ~midnight except Starbucks. I'll probably spend more time at Whole Foods (during the day time) from now on...

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190417_233924.jpg
    MVIMG_20190417_233924.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 64
Yeah pretty much everything closes by 11 PM around there during the week and earlier on Sunday. I was hoping that the new WaWa that is supposed to be going in on the west side of the interstate was going to have the SC like in Orlando that would have been a good move. We would have had to wait longer for that to happen of course.