Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gilroy, CA (16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was only about 6 stalls being used today around 1000am. Few people still don't understand how to charge correctly and not jump on ones being used. Now the question is where will the waiting line be? I'm thinking it should be down the side to the right (behind the store) of all the charges so it won't block any parking spots. But we shall see how it works out and if people start to understand.

That will be an interesting dilemma about lining up. Hopefully that won't be for a while though with 16 stalls now. I know other supercharger locations are running into this problem too with people lining up and new people not realizing there's a line and cutting in when they see a car pulling out. Maybe signage of some kind would be helpful along with a note about it on the app. Also thinking it might help if that row with chargers on both sides was a One Way roadway so you at least don't have people coming in from both directions like you do now.

I do have to say that we're pretty sure we are noticing a lot more S/X out on the road in the last few months. Quite a few 100s too so hopefully Telsa will have a good quarter.

We were back there during the week and all is back to normal. The enclosure wall they took down now has a black metal gate panel in place of the solid wall. All landscaping is done and plenty of charging stalls now. Pretty quick job for them. Hopefully other locations getting an expanded stall area will go as quickly and smoothly. Have been reading that Tesla plans to make all supercharger stations Solar and wondering how that will work in places like this.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and EVie'sDad
There's only 16 stalls: 1A - 8B.

As of now, #5A & 5B give less than 6kW. Most of the rest appear normal.

#2A giving 96kW of 100kW max.

Attachments

• IMG_7405.JPG
    IMG_7405.JPG
    310.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7404.JPG
    IMG_7404.JPG
    382.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Ok, I'll do some simple research: Photos attached. I marked the older stalls in blue (consistent with the white marks in the photo and my memory), and the new ones in green (from my memory and from postings above). Added together, the notations equal the number of stalls in the in-car map (which said 16 stalls).

For reference, I also attached Tesla's own records: company website and in-car map.

The company website is wrong. The car is right. And these photos prove that information from computers doesn't match information from reality.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.34.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.34.15 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.34.15 PM annotated.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.34.15 PM annotated.png
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.51.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.51.48 PM.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 60
  • img_7434-small.jpg
    img_7434-small.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: McManX
Sitting here charging now. Just a heads up they have the 4 new stalls (7 a & b, 8 a & b) cordoned off as they look like they are doing blacktop work in that area now, so not completely done I guess. Looks they still have striping of lanes to do.

We're in 2b across from the roped off area and getting 99kW. No one else down at this end. Think we passed 3 cars down at the other end when we pulled in. Silly to be sharing adjoining numbers with so many available. Think maybe people thought these 6 were off limits. Just so you guys know differently.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: thecloud
...they have the 4 new stalls (7 a & b, 8 a & b)...

There are 6 new stalls...

Yes, I know. Been posting pictures of the work since the beginning. The 4 new stalls I referred to that you quoted me on are the ones that have been cordoned off and the purpose of the post was to alert people that those weren't accessible right now -- so really only 12 to use right now. The other 2 new ones are on the right side of the enclosure and were available.

Hopefully the title on this Supercharger will be updated to read "(EXPANDED, 6 stalls added, now 16 total). As mentioned by others here, the Tesla website count of 18 is wrong.

Last edited:
I'm seeing today that Gilroy appears to be "down" per the reading in my car. "reduced service" I think it said. Does anyone have current info on what is happening in Gilroy? Would like to use it next Friday from the Bay Area and not sure if this will be reliable or not.

For those of us planning to drive to Monterey for TMC Connect, this will be an issue...

+1 on that. I was planning to charge in Gilroy to reduce the load on Seaside.

However my in car display is showing 10/16 stalls available and no sign of reduced service. I'll be heading in that direction (from the Bay Area) soon...I'll report what I see if nobody else gets to it first.

Bruce.

At 3:45PM, 16 of 16 in use. As soon as another arrived, one left to free their spot, so the new one waited about 20 seconds for a spot. So not much waiting, at least.

Thanks @JPP for explaining the problem. I hadn't kept track of current events that could possibly impact travel. As luck would have it, I have to hand deliver something to Pacific Grove today. I'll try to get enough here at Gilroy to make it there and then home since I'm already here charging.

As I edit this message, the SuperCharge speed has been quite good, and I already have enough to go the whole way there then home. Obviously staying was the wise choice.

Just spotted a beautiful brown Tesla from Oregon.

---

As an aside, yesterday I ran into range trouble. Thursday & yesterday I had a good experience at my first visit to Sunnyvale Service Center, until I was on my way home yesterday (Friday) and ran out of range in the mountains. I had a long day so bypassed my storage where I had temporarily kept my Chademo Adapter, so when I got to the summit EVGO, I looked in my trunk and realized my mistake. Reminder: always keep your Chademo Adapter with you, even if it means fumbling the thing in and out of loaners and such. What a pain. When will Tesla release their D.C. charging standard to third parties?

With estimated -2% arriving at home, I stopped with 2% at a newly built cult compound in a forested area that was on the ChargePoint map near Scotts Valley, and after getting a little freaked out by the odd activity there after +2%, I made my way down to a destination charger at the bottom of the hill at a hotel parking lot where I accidentally snoozed off in the driver's seat and came to with +10%, more than enough to get home.

Anyway, the other lesson is to confirm with Service Centers to plug in the car for overnight stays. The extra distance I had to drive to take the car to service was enough to put it beyond my normal daily commute range, and it's the first time a service center left the state of charge of my car so low.

Just because I make mistakes doesn't mean I should allow other people to make mistakes: I need to always confirm they have taken appropriate steps. I also should pay more attention to my charge level when I'm not in a very regular driving pattern. And I should remember to bring my Chademo into loaners and temp vehicles.

Last edited: