Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gonzales, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quote below, and map image, from that link:

DIG SITE LOCATION
State: LA
Parish: ASCENSION
Place: GONZALES
Address: 2123
Street: STATE HWY 30 W
Intersecting Street: S VETERANS
Specific Location of Work: MARK A 150 FT RADIUS AROUND THE BUBBLED AREA ON PICTURE - WHERE WE WILL BE TRENCHING.
DIRECTIONS: FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HWY 30 AND S VETERANS, HEAD SOUTH ON VETERANS BLVD TOWARD LOUISIANA 30 W FOR 193 FT. TURN RIGHT FOR 95 FT. TURN RIGHT FOR 88 FT, HEAD NW FOR 4 FEET TO THE BUBBLED AREA ON PICTURE.

CENTERPOINT COORDINATES: LAT:30.2103842, LON:-90.9443082
Remarks: SITE IS NEXT TO JACK IN THE BOX.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230528_221356.jpg
    Screenshot_20230528_221356.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 231
I stopped by this site and man there is a lot of digging. It does look like it's for EV charging, but it distinctly does not look like a supercharger. I realize Tesla is listed on the permit so I must be wrong, but I've really never seen one look quite like this (I didn't take any pictures because it was dark). There is just an insane amount of trenching.

Curious if there is any other corroborating evidence about this being for a supercharger. Was it on the FindUs map or anything?

I stopped by this site and man there is a lot of digging. It does look like it's for EV charging, but it distinctly does not look like a supercharger. I realize Tesla is listed on the permit so I must be wrong, but I've really never seen one look quite like this (I didn't take any pictures because it was dark). There is just an insane amount of trenching.

Curious if there is any other corroborating evidence about this being for a supercharger. Was it on the FindUs map or anything?
If you search that site for that company, the only thing that comes up is permits for 4 other Supercharger sites they’ve done in the state. This wouldn’t be the first time that a Supercharger site had began construction and or opened before being on the Find Us map.

Maybe additional trenches for a pull-through site?

I was in Gonzales this past weekend and the SuperCharger site is still the same - roped off and it appears it’s missing the main power transformer.

In another development, Tanger Outlet mall has eight DC chargers (CCS) scattered throughout their parking lot, although none are powered up yet.
The level 2 ChargePoint pedestals we’re working in this parking lot and they are free.

Just starting a petition here to PUT CANOPIES (solar would be best) over superchargers whenever they are placed in parking lots (ESPECIALLY IN THE SOUTH). It is too hot not to have some cover out there - and the charging would be more efficient if the cars weren’t pumping the A/C to keep their occupants cool under direct sunlight.

Reactions: PStewart
Just starting a petition here to PUT CANOPIES (solar would be best) over superchargers whenever they are placed in parking lots (ESPECIALLY IN THE SOUTH). It is too hot not to have some cover out there - and the charging would be more efficient if the cars weren’t pumping the A/C to keep their occupants cool under direct sunlight.
While we were down in south Louisiana and along the Mississippi Gulf Coast area, we never got the full charge rate at any SuperCharger. I attribute that to the temps over 100F and the charging cable baking in the sun.
The car was under 20% battery, preconditioned and all we could pull was 140 kw at a 250 kw Supercharger @ Highland Road in B.R. Same thing in D’Iberville, MS.
Gonzales was still not powered up.

Reactions: PStewart