Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greensboro, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picture from Nov 2nd.

Beautiful holes in the ground, both in obvious has changed this week.

Attachments

• 20171103_152217.jpg
    20171103_152217.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 193
Stopped by yesterday no real change in progress for some reason my images are to big to upload

If you are using a modern smartphone to take pics, they are likely multiple megapixels large. In such a case, take the photo from a little bit further back and then crop it on your phone. That usually reduces the size sufficiently. There are other means to reduce the file size, but I find that to be decently easy.

Attached is a photo from last Thursday. Five men on site with a mini-backhoe The trenches appear to be to depth and conduit installation and construction of the individual charging stations has begun. Progress over the last few weeks has been really slow. This site is tight and physically constrained which hampers progress. Now that excavation has been substantially completed, construction should go faster after Thanksgiving (depending on weather) .
Progress 3.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: GaryW and Zarwin
SC is being built on the curb side of the parking lot on the other side of the gas pumps from the building.

I have often stopped at this Sheetz for food/beverages, I work about 2 miles away. I have never failed to get a parking spot against the building, the site has 10-15 parking spaces at the building. So the SC spaces are not in a preferred location and there is sufficient parking for sites regular customers. I don't think ICEing will be a big problem.

I assume the usual Tesla charging only signs will be installed.

Reactions: GaryW
I went by the site this morning, and there has been lots of progress. The individual chargers have been set. There are 7 back-in and 1 pull- in.
GSO4.jpg
GSO5.jpg

The switch boxes have been set.

GSO2.jpg

Assuming no city inspection or Duke Energy problems, the GSO SC should be open for business well before Christmas

• Informative
Reactions: Zarwin
Has anyone been to a Sheetz location where SCs have been installed? What kind of signage (if any) is used to prevent ICEing?
I've been to most of the Sheetz locations which have SpC's in PA, WV and MD(?) - they have the standard Tesla signage - a few spaces are for Tesla charging only and the rest are usually 30 minute general parking. I didn't see any ICEing at any of the locations.