Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greensboro, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The transformer is on the pad, but not wired to high voltage supply yet.
IMG_20171201_130212.jpg

Reactions: ASUComputerGuy
It looks like they will take a three phase drop from a new pole which is right next to the transformer pad. But the conduit is only to the base of the pole so far, no pipe has been run up the pole yet.
IMG_20171201_130140.jpg
There is a new cross bar at the top of the same pole that appears to be ready for a 3 phase tap to run down the pole.
IMG_20171201_130741.jpg
Those insulators are much smaller than at the Burlington SuperCharger. A Duke Energy representative told me that the Burlington SC was fed by 22,000 VAC three phase. I am guessing these are 12 kV or less. It would still only be about 24 amps at 12 kV three phase to power the full super charger, if my math is correct.

Reactions: srharris22
Sure did, but what's the next step here? It's been sitting around collecting signatures for some time. Is it ever going to be "submitted"? Has there been any update on this? I wrote to the DOT and never heard back (a few others have though).
Yes it will, right now we have just over 2k I'm trying for 2500 by the end of the months and then I will present it or have it summited based on the information at that time. I wish in the last two month we could have had more but I am pleased with the results none the less. I have spent hundreds of dollars promoting this petition. I like you want to make it count when it does get submitted.

Stopped this morning, looks finished, all construction equipment/fencing gone. No power but I did get to park in a real spot.

Note the delivery truck on the left, this is where Sheetz supplier was parked which would make access to several of the stalls difficult. This may be the "ICEing" problem for this site till sheetz/suppliers gets used to this corner of the parking lot being used.

20171207_075603.jpg