Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grenada, MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Missile Toad

MSLR Wht/Blk/19 | OD 6/10/21 | RN11512
Aug 30, 2016
30.04, -95.16
I just did this trip in my S75 2 weeks ago. ... While we were supercharging, we ran into the Nashville gallery Tesla crew - they were in Memphis giving people test drives for the weekend. They had an X, an S P100D, and and S 75 D. That's when I got a nice little bit of info from the guy at the gallery:

THEY'RE INSTALLING A SUPERCHARGER IN GRENADA, MS

That should give the people going on I-55 a nice little cushion in between Memphis and Jackson!

Anyway, I thought I'd share that little nugget with everyone.

Something nice is coming this way...

Attachments

• IMG_3751.JPG
    IMG_3751.JPG
    458.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3765.JPG
    IMG_3765.JPG
    412.6 KB · Views: 144
Interestingly, a couple of enthusiastic locals stopped by to talk. Apparently they were able to get some info from the workers. Assuming their 2nd hand info is correct, same crew just finished an install in Canton MS and are moving on to Oxford MS and then Southaven MS. That seems like too many chargers for northern MS, but he was confident that's what they said.

Edit: forgot the MOST IMPORTANT detail of the Canton rumor. He said the charger is at the Pilot (or Love's, couldn't remember) truck stop!

Last edited:
Interestingly, a couple of enthusiastic locals stopped by to talk. Apparently they were able to get some info from the workers. Assuming their 2nd hand info is correct, same crew just finished an install in Canton MS and are moving on to Oxford MS and then Southaven MS. That seems like too many chargers for northern MS, but he was confident that's what they said.

Edit: forgot the MOST IMPORTANT detail of the Canton rumor. He said the charger is at the Pilot (or Love's, couldn't remember) truck stop!

None of those locations are on the 2017 map. Oxford makes as much sense as a truckstop for a Supercharger, but a destination charger would make sense. Hopefully, Hattiesburg and Brookhaven are next. Jackson to Mobile is a stretch.

@BlueShift should link to this site ...

Tesla's nearby lists the waffle house which is technically correct, buy it would take a brave soul to cross that road at that location (just over the crest of a hill a short distance from the I-65 exit). There's no traffic control, no sidewalks, big trenches along the street. I wouldn't risk my life for a waffle. And its 80 miles to the nearest real hospital.

But the gas station food wasn't terrible and the folks were nice. Nowhere to sit.

Last edited:
I was just at the Grenada Supercharger Saturday evening. The Waffle House was easily accessible. There was not much traffic on the road.

Attachments

• IMG_1969.JPG
    IMG_1969.JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1970.JPG
    IMG_1970.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1971.JPG
    IMG_1971.JPG
    266.5 KB · Views: 118