Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hamilton, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped here twice today, on the way to and back between home and Stephenville for some world class chicken fried steak and ice cream for dessert at the Dutchman’s Hidden Valley. What a great day!

Okay okay. The site looks complete as far as Supercharging goes. The concrete base between charging stall 4 and 5 it seems will get a light pole. I wouldn’t think that the Superchargers need to go offline for that. The asphalt half of the parking lot had prominent “No Parking” markings, and the other half was completely filled with 3 18 wheelers. They had blackout curtains and I assume the drivers were sleeping. The same situation with the same trucks at both 13:00 and 18:00.

IMG_3355.jpeg

I see that the power pole across the street seems to come out of the light pole base. Problem with the photography angle. This one looks clearer:

IMG_3356.jpeg

I think this is going to be a busy site. Brand new location and there were 3 other cars charging while we were there.

The week old asphalt is really worn looking, with plenty of spilled liquids and scuff marks.

Dropped by this site on Friday around 1:00..3 cars were charging walked a block to Wenzel’s for lunch …had a huge pulled pork sandwich and deviled eggs. Was my first supercharger session so just wanted to give it a fair shake out since i had a 2013 leaf before just needed full reassurance that i could make a trip down to Fredericksburg even in 110 degree heat on my preferred backway from Dallas within one percent on new RWD 3 and an 11 min charge from 37.7 % to 89% the time it took to order, eat, use facilities and walk back…this is a great option so many great food places close by … the Sunday would be more challenging.

Attachments

• IMG_3681.jpeg
    IMG_3681.jpeg
    770.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3680.jpeg
    IMG_3680.jpeg
    552.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3679.jpeg
    IMG_3679.jpeg
    677.9 KB · Views: 53
Dropped by this site on Friday around 1:00..3 cars were charging walked a block to Wenzel’s for lunch …had a huge pulled pork sandwich and deviled eggs. Was my first supercharger session so just wanted to give it a fair shake out since i had a 2013 leaf before just needed full reassurance that i could make a trip down to Fredericksburg even in 110 degree heat on my preferred backway from Dallas within one percent on new RWD 3 and an 11 min charge from 37.7 % to 89% the time it took to order, eat, use facilities and walk back…this is a great option so many great food places close by … the Sunday would be more challenging.
hold up, does it really charge that quick?

Dropped by this site on Friday around 1:00..3 cars were charging walked a block to Wenzel’s for lunch …had a huge pulled pork sandwich and deviled eggs. Was my first supercharger session so just wanted to give it a fair shake out since i had a 2013 leaf before just needed full reassurance that i could make a trip down to Fredericksburg
I was very happy when the Supercharger station was put in at Llano. See here → Supercharger - Llano, TX

It's a nice location, and it makes trips to Fredericksburg and Enchanted Rock easy as pie.

walked a block to Wenzel’s for lunch …had a huge pulled pork sandwich and deviled eggs.
So, here's my guide to comestibles. . .

CEFCO: The obvious quick pit stop, especially when everything else is closed. And they have Subway. 'Nuff said.

Giovanni's: It's not fast food, so you may be there for a while. IMO their pizza is by-the-numbers. My pick is the stromboli. It's big and stuffed with all the goodies you would expect on a supreme pizza.

Wenzel's: It's a few steps further but definitely worth checking out. The pork butt sandwich is a signature item, piled high with tender meat and dripping with sauce. The greater tater is another. Just order the half tater unless you are splitting it with someone, or you are Mister T. I don't know where Wenzel gets these freakish potatoes the size of a football. I also like the chicken salad sandwich, and I like the reuben. I asked them to swap in ham for the corned beef in the reuben, and I was pleased with how that came out.

Wenzel's: ... I also like the chicken salad sandwich, and I like the reuben. I asked them to swap in ham for the corned beef in the reuben, and I was pleased with how that came out.
Already inquired about subbing out turkey for the corned beef on the reuben they were a can do place...and sound like chicken salad sandwich would be a great selection for my partner...thanks for the suggestions...and I was planning on taking FM 2005 then SH 16 route....stopping at the Llano supercharger...

everyone needs to remember their stock answer when asked "what brings you here"
I always say "I usually drive through, but I stopped by to charge at the Tesla station up the road and thought I'd explore" :D
Mine was more like unprompted ... about how long do you think it will be ... "a minute" ... oh okay I will have it here then...I am charging at the telsa charger they just put in...

Wenzel's: It's a few steps further but definitely worth checking out. The pork butt sandwich is a signature item, piled high with tender meat and dripping with sauce. The greater tater is another. Just order the half tater unless you are splitting it with someone, or you are Mister T. I don't know where Wenzel gets these freakish potatoes the size of a football. I also like the chicken salad sandwich, and I like the reuben. I asked them to swap in ham for the corned beef in the reuben, and I was pleased with how that came out.
This review contains all of the right keywords. We will definitely be checking Wenzel's out. Thanks!

Ahem yes, Dutchman's Hidden Valley, as you said earlier.

... so we are now on the nav screen with a non-zero charging fee. This generally means that the site is permanently available with no more startup items to handle.

View attachment 966717

I'm hoping to try it out tomorrow.
Now ABRP needs to add it. Anyone know how long that usually takes?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 8.24.55 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 8.24.55 AM.png
    891.4 KB · Views: 46