Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Haubstadt, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great call yesterday with the APC. The water company will NOT move a water line for Tesla, so there needs to be a CDR. The city is waiting on "Scott" to file the CDR to the state for final approval. The person in charge of the paperwork for Bloomington FAILED to put a signature on 1 line and it was held almost a year. After that was resolved it was up within 60 days. Lets ALL hope Scott gets this done a bit sooner! I have plans to check next week with contacts to make sure things are stay fluid and keep moving.🤞🤞🤞
APC? CDR?

Just what a car forum needs is more daft abbreviations :)

APC? CDR?

Just what a car forum needs is more daft abbreviations :)
APC = Area Plan Commission. That's the official name for the government agency that oversees the city of Evansville and Vanderburgh County Commercial Site Review committee.

CDR = Construction Design Release. The application permit form includes this definition:

Most projects require submittal of Application for Construction Design Release including building plans and/or construction documents to the Plan Review division of the Indiana Department of Homeland Security. For further information, please refer to www.in.gov/dhs/3658.htm

You can see a map on the APC site of project showing status. If you find the right red dot at the location you can pull up this summary of status:

Meeting Date3/16/2021
Application_Ref147020
Location19920 RUFFIAN WAY
Project_ActivitySITE REVIEW APPLICATION FINAL
MunicipalityVANDERBURGH COUNTY
OwnerWORTMAN-MEYER PROPERTIES LLC
BusinessTESLA
Project DescriptionCHARGING STATIONS AT EXISTING GAS STATION
ApplicantTESLA; SCOTT HAMPEL (616) 308-7511 [email protected]
Project StatusPENDING
Approval Date
Area Plan StatusUNDER REVIEW
Area Plan CommentOK PENDING NEW SITE PLAN FOR EWSU 3/15/21
Building Comm StatusUNDER REVIEW
Building Comm CommentCDR
City Engineer Status
City Engineer Comment
County Engineer Status
County Engineer Comment
County Surveyor Status
County Surveyor Comment
EWSU StatusUNDER REVIEW
EWSU Comment3/15/2021 12"WATER MAIN RELOCATION WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
Fire Dept StatusAPPROVED
Fire Dept Comment3-16-21
Health Dept StatusNA
Health Dept Comment3-15-21

Attachments:
  • No attachments found

Edited by ScottFD_Vand 20 hours ago

Zoom to

We traditionally take a minimum of 4 road trips a year to visit our grandkids in southern MD, after initially taking the northern route (I-70 and then through Wash DC) before going south on MD 4 to St Leonard MD we started taking the southern route on I-64 and much prefer to avoid Wash DC. 3 of the four trips take place in the winter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and again in Feb for a birthday. That 190+ gap between Mt Vernon and Louisville is scary even for a LR AWD Y. Am hoping this site is up and running by then.

Thanks for the detailed info and status updates.

I don't even live in the area anymore but still keep eyeballing that hole every week to see if a permit pin had shown up. Really glad to see that one finally getting some headway. Here's to hoping it doesn't sit in permit status for a year!
(Getting the Elizabethtown charger they're planning would close the Parkway gap too, which would be a nice quality of life for that area as well)

Reactions: TexasDuke
I NEED this to be a reality before placing my order for a new Model Y. I travel around the midwest region for work and the Evansville area I get out to quite a bit. Its too far for a safe round trip in all potential condtions from the supercharger in Mt.Vernon IL. All my other routes are pretty well covered at this point, especially with some of the latest currently under construction. Until this has actually been approved and ground broken its a nogo for me :(

I NEED this to be a reality before placing my order for a new Model Y. I travel around the midwest region for work and the Evansville area I get out to quite a bit. Its too far for a safe round trip in all potential condtions from the supercharger in Mt.Vernon IL. All my other routes are pretty well covered at this point, especially with some of the latest currently under construction. Until this has actually been approved and ground broken its a nogo for me :(
That being the case, I would recommend waiting until it is actually operational and not just under construction. It sometimes happens that the construction runs into an issue and the supercharger has to wait a few months before it can actually start charging cars. It's certainly not the norm, but 8+ months between ground breaking and activation isn't unheard of.

That being the case, I would recommend waiting until it is actually operational and not just under construction. It sometimes happens that the construction runs into an issue and the supercharger has to wait a few months before it can actually start charging cars. It's certainly not the norm, but 8+ months between ground breaking and activation isn't unheard of.
Yeah, I have time, I still want to get more use of my current vehicle, it wouldnt be the best idea to order now for me anyways but im thinking Q3 or Q4 of 2021 Id like to at least have an order placed. Who knows maybe by then there will be more new u[dates on the Y as well. But as of now they have made all the changes I wanted to be satisfied with the vehicle.

Hopefully NOT like the SuperCharger in Nashville TN. It took over a year AFTER construction.

Have ya seen how fast the "Speedway" SuperCharger is going?

Reactions: edseloh
Any update?
Just approved!
It is now a reality. Not sure when construction will begin!