Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hilton Head Island, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

After someone found the North Charleston Supercharger, I decided to give another crack at finding the Hilton Head Supercharger. After getting incredibly lucky on the search, I found that this Supercharger is being built at the Harris Teeter on 33 Office Park Rd. The permit (below) shows that 8 Tesla Superchargers are being installed, just as it said in the Facebook post from a few days ago

Awaiting photos of construction, enjoy!!

F37745EF-F1C6-48DC-88BD-201A20B51196.jpeg

I have a family home and rental property in Sea Pines, believe the location was previously a self service car wash at the front entrance to Harris Teeter. Good location for sure, short walk to several restaurants, liquor store, UPS Store and plenty of Tesla visitors on the island. I was considering installing a level 2 charger for my rentals but this gives me pause. Will be interesting to see this move along. I won’t be back on the island until mid November but can provide some updates then.

Yes!! This was badly needed! So glad to see it going in. We are heading down for Thanksgiving but I'm guessing this won't be ready by then so we will likely take our ICE vehicle as my last trip to HHI in our Tesla was painful with charging woes.

I would personally prefer to L2 charge when possible, rather than L3. Definitely if I'm staying overnight. It's less harmful for the battery. But I understand there is a significant cost to you to install the L2 charging.
Totally agree, I have a L2 charger at the family home, no other way to go. My rental property has very hi booking so I'm not sure I'm missing any rental income but it would be cool to have another L2 option for HHI Renters

Reactions: LoudMusic
Just off of the Sea Pines circle on the Southend
Yes!! This was badly needed! So glad to see it going in. We are heading down for Thanksgiving but I'm guessing this won't be ready by then so we will likely take our ICE vehicle as my last trip to HHI in our Tesla was painful with charging woes.

You should be good if you hit the Hardeeville supercharger before heading towards HHI. Its additional 3 miles each way from exit 8.