Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hudson, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just drove by today. It is completed!

The only thing is that HLP is waiting for the deposit check to start service. I joked that many people here would donate to the cause! :)

The interesting thing is that the pull in spot (nearest in the picture) is 4B instead of 1A like it usually is.
IMG_0282.jpeg

I just drove by today. It is completed!

The only thing is that HLP is waiting for the deposit check to start service. I joked that many people here would donate to the cause! :)

The interesting thing is that the pull in spot (nearest in the picture) is 4B instead of 1A like it usually is.View attachment 369662
Still no meter though (was there 30 minutes ago, apparently just before you)

I was hoping to be one of the first 10 users, but am stuck working in Florida for a while. Can someone explain the purpose of a pull-in charger space. The only reason that comes to mind is a Tesla pulling a trailer. SC cable appears long enough at a standard space to accommodate a bike rack.

Workers have to be sketched out by all the stalkers they’re attracting lol. Are you sure you guys don’t moonlight as private investigators?
I was doing most of the"stalking" at Hooksett back in the day (I was commuting back and forth several times per week). I was at the northbound site a few hours after they broke ground

I asked the guy in charge if this was the rumored Tesla Supercharger and he confirmed. I asked if I could take pictures and he said sure, just don't take pictures of anyone's faces.

The guys working on these know we're all a little nuts. They're used to it by now.

• Funny
Reactions: CTShore
I like the idea of us floating Tesla a small loan for this. LOL
How about a GoFundMe campaign?
Workers have to be sketched out by all the stalkers they’re attracting lol. Are you sure you guys don’t moonlight as private investigators?
I think it's classified as a socially acceptable form of mental illness.

Reactions: EVTuning
I think that many times the utility will allow Tesla to start without a deposit if there are already chargers in their service area. HLP is a local utility who would only have a single super charger location.
I'm familiar with HL&P from living in Stow for 8 years.

I see they are still not very solar-friendly; that's a shame. They still have a 20kW DC limit, no net metering (At the time, I bought from them @ $0.14/kWh, and sold excess production at $0.05/kWh), no PPA's/leased systems allowed (solar must be customer owned - no cash/no credit? No solar for you!). Plus they denied my $5000 rebate application because the Suneye analysis showed that my neighbor's maple cast 15 minutes of shade (4:45-5pm) during the last 2 weeks of August. Nevermind they had a huge (and growing) rebate fund that they couldn't get rid of (then $350k). But I got in under SREC-I, so the payback was still ridiculously short (5-6 years).

On the plus side, they had great customer service, cheap rates (at least a nickle lower than Eversource) and solid, stable power (few outages, and the ones they had were short), which is great when you're on a well. But if you had solar, at the time you'd do way better (financially) on Eversource.

The first time I read their annual report, I had a "WTF?!?"/NIMBY moment when they listed "Nuclear Fuel" under assets and I envisioned a pile of fuel rods stacked at the plant on Cherry St. Then I remembered they owned a share of Seabrook, so that asset was safely tucked away (hopefully) up there.