Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hudson, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hudson Light & Power has installed the meter...the Tesla Energy guy is on site ready to set the relays... maybe today's the day...
IMG_3034.jpeg

I offered my car when I stopped by but he said "no thanks"
Yup. Imagine if the power and control lines were wired incorrectly, and 350V DC was injected into a control line in your car. That would do some damage.

But it makes me wonder.... Do they not have a car simulator which is a car's control circuitry without being a car? I imagine it would be easy to design a box that has a battery or the like which could be charged and simulate a car. That way they could test without using a real car.

Yup. Imagine if the power and control lines were wired incorrectly, and 350V DC was injected into a control line in your car. That would do some damage.

But it makes me wonder.... Do they not have a car simulator which is a car's control circuitry without being a car? I imagine it would be easy to design a box that has a battery or the like which could be charged and simulate a car. That way they could test without using a real car.
If you want to test under load, it would be a big box - a resistor capable of handling 120kW would be pretty big!

When we first started making monthly round trips to CT five years ago, there were zero SC's between our destinations. We always made it home with the help of one or two Level 2 chargers. The bet was that the first SC to expedite our trip would be located in Sturbridge. Fast forward a few years. Although Auburn has taken some knocks for the mall, it's always worked out great for us. Our current plan for charging on these road trips is no pre-planning at all. With all the options available today even stopping in Auburn is usually not necessary. Appreciate that Tesla is lighting up the Hudson, MA SC. Hoping to check out the site during a trip south next Saturday.

Reactions: Pollux
Pinball, great idea, and thanks for keeping tabs on this great location. By NEXT Saturday you are meaning the next Saturday that is on the calendar. There is no difference when one says "next" Saturday, being THIS Saturday, and "next" Saturday as being the one AFTER this Saturday......really looking forward to meeting fellow owners "next" Saturday....If they are painting lines guess the funding is the only thing holding it up?? THANK YOU to all the hard employees working on this supercharger !!!! Working in these temps are not as nice as in California !!!

Yup. I think the holdup is now in Tesla's court. They probably have to validate that everything works as it should.

I do not understand why that is taking so long.

When I said Saturday I meant 2Feb 2019
My impression in speaking with one of the tech's on the day when they opened Framingham is they cover a very large area. It's conceivable they've gone down to work on the cluster of under construction superchargers in New York / New Jersey before returning to Hudson to finish it off. Or, perhaps their recent work discovered a defective component and they're waiting for a replacement to arrive. Either way, it seems likely it should be online "soon".