Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Humble, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange spot, given that Tesla is opting to put one in along the I-69 corridor around New Caney (~13 miles North). The permitted location is about 1 mile from I-69, and aside from the hotel, there are few amenities nearby. It will be interesting to see if Tesla puts the charging units on stilts, since this area flooded during hurricane Harvey.
FYI, Houston Intercontinental made parking in their elevated parking structures complimentary during the floods. If you want something high-and-dry for your Teslas, a) the garages were uncrowded; b) even at the point of incipient flooding, there were some taxis able to take you to your (un-flooded) home.

Last edited:
Humble, TX

Host Type: Hotel
Host: Ramada
Along Primary Interstates: I-69
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-59
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-59

To: Nacogdoches, TX (v2) - 128.9 miles
Diversion: 3.1 miles
To: Texarkana, TX (v2) - 280.1 miles

Pathetic splitter on I-69/Future I-69, splitting 148.5 miles, 22.7 miles from Houston - W Alabama St, TX and 128.9 miles to Nacogdoches, TX.

Hotels are ICEing-sensitive spots, especially near an airport. But having a Supercharger near an airport is otherwise a good thing.

Strange spot, given that Tesla is opting to put one in along the I-69 corridor around New Caney (~13 miles North). The permitted location is about 1 mile from I-69, and aside from the hotel, there are few amenities nearby. It will be interesting to see if Tesla puts the charging units on stilts, since this area flooded during hurricane Harvey.
FYI, Houston Intercontinental made parking in their elevated parking structures complimentary during the floods. If you want something high-and-dry for your Teslas, a) the garages were uncrowded; b) even at the point of incipient flooding, there were some taxis able to take you to your (un-flooded) home.
I don't see it as very strange. This location is near the airport. Car rental companies have "return" locations nearby. For now, just Hertz rents Teslas, but more will follow IMHO. I would expect to see more chargers near airport locations in the future.

This is an awesome location. Not only will this help with electric car rental but it will also be VERY helpful for the ride share crowd. When I was doing ride share on the MY a couple of years back, the only option was at the service center and that was a crapshoot. Maybe the hotel may offer lunch options like in Channelview. It's a bit of a walk to grab some gas station food but still a nice location.

This is a brilliant spot. The structures immediately East of the Ramada are the TNC (transportation network company, aka rideshare, aka Uber & Lyft) and taxi waiting lots.

It allows Teslas (and hopefully other EVs) to refuel without leaving the airport zone.

Curiously this is something that ICE vehicles are not currently capable of doing. It’s important for rideshare drivers since they lose place in the queue if they are outside the lot too long & lose it immediately if they leave the wider airport zone.

• Informative
Reactions: Darmie
PROJECT_NOPERMIT_DESCOWNER_OCCUPANTAddressPROJECT_DESCCURRENT_VALUATIONPERMIT_TYPE
23024414Building Pmt*TESLA6121 WILL CLAYTON PKY EV 77338ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STAT'N W/SITEWORK 1-1-2-U-B '15IBC M/27500013
23024414CRT/COMPLIANCE*TESLA6121 WILL CLAYTON PKY EV 77338ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STAT'N W/SITEWORK 1-1-2-U-B '15IBC M/20CC
23024414GRADING , FILL*TESLA6121 WILL CLAYTON PKY EV 77338ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STAT'N W/SITEWORK 1-1-2-U-B '15IBC M/20FG
23024414Plan Review Fee*TESLA6121 WILL CLAYTON PKY EV 77338ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STAT'N W/SITEWORK 1-1-2-U-B '15IBC M/20PX
23024415Building Pmt*TESLA6121 WILL CLAYTON PKY EV2 77338ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STAT'N 1-1-2-U-B '15IBC 2/27500013
23024415CRT/COMPLIANCE*TESLA6121 WILL CLAYTON PKY EV2 77338ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STAT'N 1-1-2-U-B '15IBC 2/20CC

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
This is going to make a great location for people like myself that couldn't find a working charger before our 5 day out of town trip. With Sentry mode and those HOT days, we were down to single digits in no time. Made it home at 6%. My concern is how crowded these will become with ride share. Can't find an open charger in Metairie LA at any given time of the day due to hertz rideshare.

Construction equipment has arrived.

Attachments

• IMG_8811.jpeg
    IMG_8811.jpeg
    770.1 KB · Views: 221
Scooped! Just snapped a photo, came here to post.

I wouldn’t worry too much about these getting bogged down by rideshare for now. There’s only maybe once a month that I would ever use it, it’s just that when I’d like to use it I really need it.

It appears the Level III chargers will be up against the grass while there is conduit running to the middle parking lane which looks to be serving (14) Level II chargers. I’m unfamiliar with the 3 horizontally stacked boxes, which are in front of the upright containers carrying the Tesla charging pedestals and of course the SC cabinets in white plastic. Has anyone seen these boxes before? Are there L2 chargers in them?

Attachments

• IMG_8910.jpeg
    IMG_8910.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8912.jpeg
    IMG_8912.jpeg
    701.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8911.jpeg
    IMG_8911.jpeg
    681.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8913.jpeg
    IMG_8913.jpeg