Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger in Jordan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Superchargers in Jordan

From the text (Google translate) of the Manaseer facebook where they announce the 3 supercharger locations in Jordan it seems to me that the Manaseer company have bought and installed these chargers independently of Tesla. This is probably why Tesla is not listing them. According to other posts there seems to be 107 model S on the roads of Jordan. Manaseer says this is the first installation. Charging infrastructure for other electric cars to follow. This is done by Manaseers division for renevable energy.

Also: In Sweden a local businessman have installed two supercharger stalls - and paid for it himself. Although the charger infrastructure is not quite supercharger standard at 60kW.

Since Tesla pays for the supercharging infrastructure and stores/service centers, they face greater risk than other car companies in unstable countries. Jordan and Israel shouldn't be a problem though.

Hii Guys,

I just read your posts.. I am from Jordan, an Engineer and working with Manaseer Group.

Yes we did install 10 Tesla superchargers in 3 different Gas station, since there is around 100 Teslas in Jordan, mostly used by governmental staff and ministries.

We did also install recently ABB superchargers with 3 different charging adapters per unit for all other kind of electrical cars in middle of Amman and we are still progressing in installing superchargers.

Tesla is willing to start up their business here since the Jordanian government is encouraging drive electrical cars by exempting all taxes (customs, registration) and only applies hundreds of dollars for registration.

Hii Guys,

I just read your posts.. I am from Jordan, an Engineer and working with Manaseer Group.

Yes we did install 10 Tesla superchargers in 3 different Gas station, since there is around 100 Teslas in Jordan, mostly used by governmental staff and ministries.

We did also install recently ABB superchargers with 3 different charging adapters per unit for all other kind of electrical cars in middle of Amman and we are still progressing in installing superchargers.

Tesla is willing to start up their business here since the Jordanian government is encouraging drive electrical cars by exempting all taxes (customs, registration) and only applies hundreds of dollars for registration.

Hey thanks for sharing!

Can I ask a few questions?

- Are the superchargers 135kW Tesla superchargers or the ones commercially sold that can provide 50-60kWh?
- Care to elaborate what an ABB Supercharger is? Which other plugs are with that unit? Is there a seperate source that feeds 22kW AC Type 2 for instance or are they also DC fed from the same Tesla chargers?
- Any idea on the cost of a boutique Supercharger and how to get one? (asking b/c I'm from Turkey and we also have around 100 Teslas)

Thanks!