TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger inside the Boring Company tunnel in Las Vegas, NV

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by MarcoRP, Dec 9, 2019.

1. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

I saw this photo posted on Twitter this afternoon, of a V2 Supercharger cabinet being lifted into what will be the Las Vegas Boring Tunnel.

2 things:
    Will this count as a public Supercharger (for users of the tunnel)
    In the situation that this Supercharger isn’t public, what will it possibly be used for?

So, is this worthy of a pin @BlueShift @Chuq lol? 1B73FA37-F6A1-4515-9EA4-DEF50C8EF678.jpeg

• Informative x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Definitely not worthy of a pin without further information. Where exactly is this? Also, I am unfamiliar with the Las Vegas Boring Tunnel. What is the background of this project?

3. doghousePVD

doghousePVD My grandfather’s car

Isn't the Vegas project strictly for pedestrians, not vehicles? Looking closer, I do not think that is a SC on the crane.

4. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Las Vegas — The Boring Company

• Disagree x 1
  5. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Relevant info that I gleaned from that page:

upload_2019-12-10_16-42-30.png

So I'm guessing this will be a private use charger installed at one of the terminals for the AEVs to use?

6. Matsayz

Matsayz Active Member

It’s probably going to charge whatever vehicles they’re using to transport people in the tunnel. 16 people is nothing even with their “low” transport time. Maybe they’ll have a crap ton of vehicles down there but this is a PR stunt for Boring.

7. GoCanes

GoCanes Member

But the amazing part is the speed of this project’s progress. They start drilling the tunnel in early November and they are already starting to install infrastructure? Or perhaps these chargers would be used for the drilling equipment?