Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger invoices no longer available on tesla.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some time around the beginning of the year, the Charging tab on the left side of the Dashboard stopped being available. Unless I am missing it, there is no longer a way to get a record of Supercharger activity, short of examining your credit card bill. And even then, it doesn't identify which supercharger was used, or the kWh consumed.

"Order History" is just for the Tesla store, not the superchargers.

Anybody know if these invoices were moved somewhere?

tesla dashboard.jpg

Some time around the beginning of the year, the Charging tab on the left side of the Dashboard stopped being available. Unless I am missing it, there is no longer a way to get a record of Supercharger activity, short of examining your credit card bill. And even then, it doesn't identify which supercharger was used, or the kWh consumed.

"Order History" is just for the Tesla store, not the superchargers.

Anybody know if these invoices were moved somewhere?

View attachment 894633
All in the app.

tap your icon upper right corner then go to Account then Charging

Upvote 0
Thanks @Randy-12 for the explanation. I would not have found this on my own. Definitely not a fan of this "improvement", as moving documents around using the phone is quite suboptimal. But I guess I am one of the 4 people left in the US that prefers a desktop PC to a phone for most things!
So who are the other two? I'm hoping that the "Android" environment in the latest Windows will allow me to run "apps" in it so I can get the desktop experience. I just need to get a new computer to find out. No phone can match the experience of dual 4K monitors and real keyboard and mouse until we get to Neuralink version 100.

Reactions: rmh9 and Rocky_H
Upvote 0
So who are the other two? I'm hoping that the "Android" environment in the latest Windows will allow me to run "apps" in it so I can get the desktop experience. I just need to get a new computer to find out. No phone can match the experience of dual 4K monitors and real keyboard and mouse until we get to Neuralink version 100.
Now the question is: Who's the other one? :) .

Upvote 0
While I don't need my invoices for anything, I would find it a major pain in the butt if I did need to manage those documents. Add me to the list of people that manages documents via PC vs the phone. Phone can be convenient, but certainly not the easiest at times.

Upvote 0
Thanks @Randy-12 for the explanation. I would not have found this on my own. Definitely not a fan of this "improvement", as moving documents around using the phone is quite suboptimal. But I guess I am one of the 4 people left in the US that prefers a desktop PC to a phone for most things!

If you didnt count me, make that one of the "six" people 😄. (adding me and @mtmra70 )

I mean, I have 2 smartphones, but still prefer doing things on a computer (usually one of my laptops) when I can.

In fact, the times i have taken my car in for service, I paid for it in the app cause thats how they have it setup, but I then used my phone to print the invoice (actual paper! gasp, lol) so that I could file the physical paper in my physical file cabinet. Electronic documents that someone else controls can vanish, paper copies in my file cabinet wont (and they are printed on my laser printer so should last a while, no ink issues).

Upvote 0
I’ve been accessing my charging invoices periodically through my phone App and it’s always as far as I can remember been there in the driver’s Account/Charging/charging history section. Actually don’t know if I ever looked for it using my laptop and the Tesla.com website. You guys probably are a rare breed these days. I can sympathize with you though in not liking things moved around on go-to websites.

Upvote 0
When I've needed to look at one of my past charging sessions (maybe a dozen times), I've always gone to my account at tesla.com using a laptop. I did this to confirm that some of my Supercharging session were free (since I had never gotten billed for them). Those sessions never appeared in my account so I just assumed that Tesla never had any record of them. I just looked at the History in the App and now see "Free Supercharging" entries for the number of times that I remember getting free juice. Notably, the time I drove to SoCal in 2018 and got free sessions at Kettleman City and Glendale:

free_sessions.jpg

I STILL don't know why any of those charging sessions were free but they now do appear in my history. Weird....

Upvote 0
Well this is a major bummer. I don't use the website for the invoices so much, but use it to get the spreadsheet of all the charge sessions. Unless the app had a way to download the spreadsheet, this sucks. Edit: at least on Android there is a export history function in the app that allows exporting a spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The same is true for Android. I just accessed my entire Supercharging history and the app put it in a .CSV file but am having problems opening it (don't have Office or Excel on my phone). Will try to email myself a copy.
You can install Google Sheets, it will then open in Google Sheets when you do an export and in the right corner you can choose to save in other formats.

Upvote 0
I agree with you using my phone for everything sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tynamic and rmh9
Upvote 0
Oh boy. It's getting even worse. Being charged separately for each charging session is really annoying if you need send the invoices to your accountant or employer. Now it's even more annoying to get the invoices if i need my iphone to download and forward the invoices. Why don't they make a monthly invoice like all companies offering charging cards in Europe. Everytime I go on holiday i spend a lot of time to get all the invoices out of my account.
Please Tesla wake up and sort out your invoices procedure.

Upvote 0
I too need an INVOICE for reimbursement from my employer since I don't have gas reciepts!

Upvote 0
Most employers pay by the mile unless you are using a company vehicle, in which case they compensate actual costs incurred.

But, in my experience, some employers are not 100% on the honor system. Even if they are paying by the mile, they want some documentation that you were out on the road and not just working from your house and claiming the mileage.

Upvote 0