Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kahului, HI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
Marco found a permit for Superchargers at a parcel with address 176 Ho'okele St, Kahului, HI 96732.

https://mapps.co.maui.hi.us/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/permit/f89cd7df-1fe5-4778-8b80-e769a6500431
https://mapps.co.maui.hi.us/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/permit/9d6a02f8-d080-4fbd-ae4f-a74b9a541b23

Doing a search on the parcel called out on the permit gives this image:

1673589937309.png

Seems to be a Raising Canes although Google Maps shows an aerial much older when the Lowes was still under construction.

Source:

Although it is only at the permit stage, I will take a look at the area this morning to see if there are any markings or such. This would make better sense than the address listed in the leak. I guess we will find out what address they use soon enough.

I drove by today just to check out the area again. There is not any existing area in any of the parking lots that would be very good for a Supercharger site, but there were empty and undeveloped areas adjoining the Lowes lot that would make sense. I then looked up the permits using the new Maui permit site, and found that what was issued are for grading and a driveway, which would make sense if they are going to build it in an area that hasn't been developed yet.

Permit Number G2023-00003
Applied Date 01/05/2023
Type Grading Permit

Permit Number D2023-00002
Applied Date 01/05/2023
Type Driveway Permit

I’m there now. Nothing but a grassy lot between Lowe’s, Raising Canes and a bank. Appearance much the same as the photos above, except the grass is longer and the papaya trees a bit larger, so nothing visual to post.

I see that some new CCS chargers are about to go online around the corner in a parking area on Mayor Elmer Cravalho Way (parking area only, absolutely no amenities). Too bad the Tesla location is not online yet. It is in a better location.

Last edited: